sticking tongue out!

Lilylou

Reaction score
Our little boy, now nearly 10 months old, can't stop sticking his tongue out or carrying toys etc in his mouth. Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you know if it is just a phase or not? :?

Its definately a phase. Is someone doing it to him? I would just ignore it and if he has a toy in his mouth take it out without reacting to it and distract him with something else or try to do something else with the toy so he doesnt associate it with putting it in his mouth.

I was also thinking about that stuff that you can get to stop you biting your fingernails but he is probably far too young for that.

Is it everything he puts in his mouth?

lauramumof2 said:
if he has a toy in his mouth take it out without reacting to it and distract him with something else or try to do something else with the toy so he doesnt associate it with putting it in his mouth.

There's nothing wrong with them putting toys in their mouths though.

Brody crawls around all the time with toys in his mouth :lol: We call him our little puppy, I won't bother stopping him cos he won't be doing it forever and I think it's kinda cute!

Aaron still puts toys in his mouth, not as much but he still does it. Think it's normal for them to do it for a while.

lauramumof2 said:
I was also thinking about that stuff that you can get to stop you biting your fingernails but he is probably far too young for that.

:puke: :puke: i used to use that ages ago to try grow my nails but OMG i puked so bad because i have a filthy habit biting them and with that stuff on yuck but it didnt stop me biting them :(

i agree there is nothing wrong with it, most children do it...it also might be that his teeth are bothering him?

Hi

Think almost all babies constantly put thinsg in there mouth.
As for teh tongue thing a few times a day Kiara sticks otu her tongur in and out and makes cute noises while she does it it is sooo funny.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back