sterilising

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
how old was your little one before you stopped sterilising their bottles? I want to do it till Alfie is 12 months old but he is putting everything in his mouth now and i just wondered if thats doing him harm at all?

i did it until they started crawling. i saw no point sterilising spoons etc when they weregoing around the house chewing on furniture and eating dried food under the table :lol:

i will keep sterilising bottles till Louie is 12 months, but i don'y sterilise any of his bowls or spoons or his beaker so i think this build up some immunity!!

I stopped doing Aimees when she was around 10 months. Same as budge really, I didn't se the point when she was licking the floor and picking up all sorts and chewing it.

i would stop ellis now but its easier to just put them in the steriser when washed so i can make them up at night xxxx

kellie80 said:
I stopped doing Aimees when she was around 10 months. Same as budge really, I didn't se the point when she was licking the floor and picking up all sorts and chewing it.

licking the floor :rotfl: god aren't they gross :puke: :rotfl:

yep even at alfies young age it amazes me how such a gorgeous young man can be so disgusting at times :rotfl:

i stopped sterilsing stuff at 6 months, but i do make sure that his bottles were washed in really hot water or in the dishwasher.

I think kids can be too sterile the, a bit of dirt and mud never did me any harm! how can they build up any immunity with out having afew germs!! :)

Hypnorm said:
i stopped sterilsing stuff at 6 months, but i do make sure that his bottles were washed in really hot water or in the dishwasher.

I think kids can be too sterile the, a bit of dirt and mud never did me any harm! how can they build up any immunity with out having afew germs!! :)

me and hubbywere sayin exactlythe same thin the other day.

I think i may do that, Alfie puts everything in his mouth as soon as its in his hands and hes a strong lad anyway a big strapping fellow so itll do him good. may still just soak Teets in boiling water for a few mins though that be ok do you think?

Alfiesmummy said:
I think i may do that, Alfie puts everything in his mouth as soon as its in his hands and hes a strong lad anyway a big strapping fellow so itll do him good. may still just soak Teets in boiling water for a few mins though that be ok do you think?

yeah thats what id do i reckon. :)

i stopped doing the bottles when he started crawling and just did the teats till he was about 9/10 months - more out of habit and wanting to get my monies worth out of the steriliser :lol:

i put him onto a beaker at about 11 months anyway which has less fiddely bits to clean!

seeing as how he was eating sand in the summer at the beach and only last week tried to eat a handful of dirt from a flower pot i really dont think its necessary now :lol: boys :roll:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back