Sterilisation help

evie_smith

Reaction score
Chloe is 14 months but still really tiny and gets sick quite quickly - almost all the time - on and off. Any way I sterilised her bottles till she was 12 1/2 months and now I still do them if she is sick - my question is should I still be sterilising them anyway? She has 1-2 years formula and I know when my other 2 were tiny it was upto 12 months but should I still be doing it as she is still on formula? And what about her juice/water beakers???

I havent been steralised for ages, i just wash and rinse with hot soapy water my lo has cows milk tho not toddler milk. Im sure its ok for you to stop? Tbh i dont think it will make much of a difference now? If shes ith her bro and sis she is bound to pick up bugs etc now and again from them? Since weve been going to playgroup more regilary my lo is a
Ways picking up things, cough, cold etc etc....When i use toddler milk i always but the readymade liquid so not too sure about the powder?? Xxxx

Oh ok I tried to switch her to normal milk but she doesn't like it so I want sure about formula rules lol x

I think you can still keep giving formula - maybe the grown up stuff??

As for sterilising, I think by 12 months, their wee bodies are kinda used to certain bacteria, from the things they pick up ect, therefore not any need?? I'm not 100% on that - but at the end of the day, its not gonna do any harm is it - if it gives you peace of mind!

Cow's milk is fine from 6months (at least it was when I had my eldest, not sure on the "rules" now).

:)

You have me wondering now when to stop sterillising lol I have no clue! I am having Georgie weighed on Tuesday and will ask HV about guidelines and post :)

As for cows milk it can be used in very small amounts before 12 months in food but they do recommend using their breastmilk/formula over cows milk. It should not be given as a drink until after 12 months tho.

Hope she feels better soon hun

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

She is 14 months now I give her the 1-2 years growing up formula x

Sorry hunny I did see that you were giving her formula and not cows milk - I was just stating that they don't recommend cows milk as the main source of milk until 12 months as the lady above me thought it was 6 months :)

Actually, I was reading a boots magazine tonight which came thru the post and I had not opened and in it, it said they recommend sterilising until 12 months which shocked me a bit! I did not think it would so old as by the time they are 6/7 months everything goes straight in their mouths and I know Georgie keeps trying to lick the bloody floor!! Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Lol! Chloe went through a stage of licking the floor! Haha! It was upto 12 months when I had my other two kids as well good to know its still the same x

I thought it was 6 months but I'm still sterilising as well. Although she's only 7 months today.
I knew about the cows milk. I don't boil her water for her sippy cup now either do you Evie?

Miss, Emily loves licking the floor! Yummy! There's obviously something tasty there that we don't know about hehe. *goes down on hands and knees to check* ;)

When my eldest LO was wee - a toddler - i'd catch her eating everything, if u left her in a food restaurant or whatever, she'd be straight over grabbing things off ppl's tables. She made our whole family laugh when staying at my grans, 3 hours after dinner she went into the kitchen & came back thro eating a sausage she'd picked out the bin - & screamed blue murder when I tried to take it off her

:roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back