Sterilising and boiled water...

LilyMac

Reaction score
When did you stop sterilising bottles? A few people have said you can stop at 6 months, aidens 11 months (nearly) but I'm too panicky to stop lol even though he kisses the floor and tries to put dirty things in his mouth so he's obviously getting germs other ways but bottles worry me!

Also, when can you give them, normal tap water?

We stopped sterilising at six months but I can't remember when we started giving tap water x I think around 9 months but not 100% sure, before 12 months anyway x

We stopped sterelising about 8months, lo has bottled water, i think tap from1 year?may be wrong tho. Id give him tap water but where we live the water is really hard, so if we run out of bottled i give him cooled boiled iykwim! When i went home and to wales he just had their tap water!

I stopped at 10 months when he went onto cow's milk. There's bacteria in the formula powder, that's why you sterilise until their 1 (I got told this)

Cool. Thanks girls!
I love welsh water, it's really yummy! Round here it's quite nice too, nice and clear etc so he should be ok with tap water then? It's just really annoying having to boil the kettle and wait for it to cool before he can drink it! Especially the amount he drinks lol

Cool. Thanks girls!
I love welsh water, it's really yummy! Round here it's quite nice too, nice and clear etc so he should be ok with tap water then? It's just really annoying having to boil the kettle and wait for it to cool before he can drink it! Especially the amount he drinks lol

Im sure he will be fine hun...the water in wales is lush!! Comes right from the valleys. If you could taste my water here u wud vom!

Our's is gross round here too, we've got do much lime scale in it. I think I was giving charley water from the tap from 6 months and he's fine x x

I really want some welsh water now!
Urgh limescaley water :( my sisters is really vile, you can see all the crap floating in it even of you run the tap for ten minutes, having a bath makes you feel dirty lol
I might slowly introduce him to tap water then lol I'm such a wuss!!

I stopped sterilising at 6months, but still boil water as have really nasty hard water! It's horrible!
XxX.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Oz doesn't have formula very often, but we stopped sterlising at around 7/8 months when we do use formula. And we've been giving tap water since 8/9 months xxx

Tegan's been having tap water since 6 months but i didn't stop sterilising until she stopped having formula at 1 because the bacteria in the formula can make them poorly xx

I'm stopping steralising, giving tap water and giving cows milk when he's 1. We use a water filter for our drinking water, makes it much clearer & fresher x

Thanks for the replies girls! I think I'll keep sterilising until he stops the formula, just to keep me sane lol
When do I stop giving formula? Do I move onto normal cows milk then or the other types of formula? My mind has gone completely blank and I'm having a nervous breakdown about what to do next!!

I'm giving it to him until his 1st Birthday. Just seems a nice day to 'round it off' :) x

We moved Tegan onto cows milk (Lactose free due to her intolerance) in a cup 8 days before she turned 1 as that's when the tin of milk ran out didn't see the point in opening a new one! x

Charley went onto cow's milk at 10 months but only cos he was always sick after a formula bottle. As soon as he went onto cows milk he stopped being sick and is fine now!

I'm a bit like you Stacey, I guess I could stop sterlising bottles now since she's 6 months but I'm a bit scared :roll:
I started giving her tap water last week, we have lovely water here :)

We stopped sterilising at 6 months, as per HV's advice, she said they need to build their immune systems up from age 6months. Not sure about the water, think that might have been a year.

I'm stopping sterilizing this week but will keep boiling water as its what kills the bacteria in the milk.

Ok, I'll boil water for milk but will use tap water for juice and I slowly talk myself into stopping sterilising lol. Sounds like life just got way easier for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back