Stay at home mums

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Do you enjoy it? Do you ever feel lonely?

At the moment I'm enjoying the role of bringing Ella up etc, but I have been getting a bit lonely. The baby groups start again soon so that's something, but other than meeting up with some other mums once a week and a couple of friends I have with babies, I don't really see that many people. I go over my mums quite a lot but feel in the way there :?

im really lonely and not enjoying it. i feel bad saying that but 24/7 its boring i want to go back to work
i used to work 8-4 tues weds thurs and it iwas good had long weekends with the kids ect but now im bored rotten iv moved to the outskirts of the city live on a motoway near anough. my car is broke im bored :cry:

I'm kinda getting a bit bored of it at the moment :?

OH was off for a month and I loved sharing Phoebe with him. Took all the stress out of it.

I do love being a stay at home mum though. I would never want anyone but me to bring Phoebe up. I don't have family near by either so I rely on friends and activities, groups etc.

I definately go through phases. Love it one minute, hate it the next!!

:lol:

I reallysympathise girls. I am actually going back to work next week and dreading it. I sometimes feel that motherhood is a thankless job and with small children can be boring. I really suffered with boredom after my first.

However this time because I have to get DD to nursery for 9.00 and pick her up at certain times plus get her to her swimming lessons etc I have felt that my day has been so much more structured and definately less boring. I am sure that will happen for you too. Also when they are a bit older DD is 4 1/2 she is really good and amusing company for me now. (Not saying that I didn't enjoy being with her before but nice that we can have a conversation, sing together etc.)

I am the same I love it some times but hate it others. Just this morning I thought to my self, oH this is my life now....

DH just went back to work tuesday, He has also had a month off. I am going to go to more groups, I am hopeing to help run a group for breast feeding mothers. It was always been on but no one goes. But the HV are really advertiseing it again now. I am going to do a breast feeding peer surport course in september. (Do i need to pay for this?, Its not been mentioned but only heard from the course leader once)

Jadie

I get quite lonely sometimes. I hardly see my sister, all my freinds work full time and i'm quite shy and not good at meeting new people. I don't drive either so that makes things worse. I go my mums about twice a weeks but my dad has cancer and is having treatment so he isn't really up to 2 kids screaming for hours so can't stay long. Saying that i prefer this to working, I missed Jess so much when i used to work so at least i get to see plenty of my girls. :D

I don't get lonely,

i don't have time to get lonely by the time i have done all my cleaning etc and played with the kids its time for me to go to my little job, it's only an hour and half cleaning but its me time!

I wouldn't like to go back to work to be honest full or part time i like the fact i can do what i want in the day at the time i want.
:D

I amn't a stay at home mum, but I have been off ill from work for the past 3 weeks and I am pulling my hair out.

Can I ask, how are we supposed to cope with a baby when we r ill? I found that so difficult, I resented her at times, I just wanted peace to recover.

Anyhow, Kina, you aren't alone, I felt the same during mat leave etc, sometimes u need "me time", but then, if u worked u would want to be a stay at home mum. A no win situation :D

Ella will thank u for it when she is older, Rebecca will resent me for bumping her to nursery! :shock:

I love being a Mum & enjoy being at home most of the time but lately i've shed alot of tears because I feel lonely.
My social life is pants & on the rare occasion that I have been out I feel so guilty for leaving Jamie & think i'm such a bad, horrible mother that I can't do it again for ages.

I do feel that all I do is cook, clean, wash, iron, feed, dress & change Jamie.

Most of my life i've felt excluded & unwanted & disliked so i'm hoping that when J gets older I won't feel like that anymore.

Aww hun, we love ya! I was bullied throughout schooling, it's horrendous! :cry:

I love staying at home with the kids, but now and again i would like some me time, away from the house

xx

Most of my life i've felt excluded & unwanted & disliked so i'm hoping that when J gets older I won't feel like that anymore.

:hug: Nicki :hug:

Rebecca will resent me for bumping her to nursery!
No she wont! Don't think like that.

Yvonne I think the reason I feel so lonely is because Ella's quite difficult at the moment. I have no time to clean etc. My mum took her for 45 mins today so I could whizz round the bathroom and polish and prepare tea. Ella wants to be out all the time, she seems to hate my house. From the moment she wakes up from her morning nap she cries and whinges until we go out, but I don't know what to do. I feel too ill to go for a big walk. When we're with other people she's the perfect cute little baby, but she's a devil in disguise!
Last week I invited a few of the mums I know to meet up on Friday at a playcentre, well we all arrived and it was closed for 2 weeks. I was so embarassed :oops:
(Do i need to pay for this?, Its not been mentioned but only heard from the course leader once)
Pretty sure you don't hon :? I know Beanie did something similar so it might be worth asking her?

I work 5 hours a week (on a Thursday)

I am normally really busy, out at friends houses or stuff, I hate it now it's getting to be winter and you get a bit isolated as it's not as easy to go out with a baby when it's freezing.

urchin said:
I work 5 hours a week (on a Thursday)

I am normally really busy, out at friends houses or stuff, I hate it now it's getting to be winter and you get a bit isolated as it's not as easy to go out with a baby when it's freezing.

I will wrap her up, invest in snowsuits, balaclava's u name it, the thought of being stuck in the house all winter....arrghh! :shock:

Yeah I alway have the school run anyway, but I don't think I'll ever get out as much as in the summer :(
Saying that they've opened a HUGE indoor play area thing with a baby section, it's quite near me so no excuse I suppose.

Yep, at the moment I'm a SAHM until I find out if I can return to work part time in Feb.

Like the rest of you I also have good and bad days I'd say. At the moment Olivia is waking so frequently in the night that in the morning I am just looking to any chance in the day to get a nap! How sad, my life is passing me by and I'm on the sofa getting 40 winks!

I'm not looking forward to winter either but like K, I'll be dressing O up in warm fleeces and blankets to get out and about! I've ordered the snow chains for the car :wink:

Lucy

I am a SAHM and I love it but find it boring sometimes. I try to pack my day full of stuff to do bcuz I hate being home alone with nothing to do. My husband works wierd hours and doesn't finish work until 9pm so I find the evenings very lonely cuz everyone is at home with their own families :( But other than that, I love spending all that time with my daughter.

I really struggled with this when Seren was younger. I am the first of my group of friends to have a baby and felt like I was left at home on my own constantly whilst my friends were busy working and going out. It has improved a lot as I have managed to get a network of friends, through various groups etc, I have a friend with a boy a bit older then Seren who I met through mother and baby, my friend who had a baby in April, mums I met through my breastfeeding course and of course people I have met through the forum. Being at work part time has shortened my week but I try and do something everyday, usually take Seren out to see friends or go to my old office to catch up on gossip. Or we will just go out to a different town or something for a change of scenery. There is a babysign course starting soon too which I am looking forward to. Is there a sure start in your areas, as they are the best peple to ask for what goes on in your area.

It is tough, and there are plenty of days where I find myself feeling isolated and just want to pull the covers over my head. I guess it gets easier as babies get older (I hope) as Seren doesn't have the best attention span at the moment.

Kx Rebecca won't resent you for putting her in nursery. I feel guilty sometimes but Seren gets really excited when she gets to nursery, kicking her legs and shouting so I guess she is enjoying it. Rebecca sees all her friends during the day then lots of love and cuddletime with mommy and daddy.

urchin said:
Saying that they've opened a HUGE indoor play area thing with a baby section, it's quite near me so no excuse I suppose.
hmm that sounds interesting - big massive huge hint!!!!!

But Beanie, is it just me or don't you find it hard when you've had a stressful day at work, and all you want to do is come home and chill but you can't? I find that incredibly hard, cause rightly so Rebecca demands 110% attention from us the minute we pick her up from nursery. I'm shattered! :sleep:

ah nicki hun you can always come over to my house for a bit if you need a break - i would happily entertain the boys if you want to pop out or just come over for coffee and the boys will entertain each other! alex can teach jamie all those naughty 8 month old tricks like trying to climb the tv unit or pull the phone line out the socket!

will pm you hun!

i'm afraid i'm the oppsite. i work part time (18hours a week) and i would love to be home. i loved my maternity leave but i always got out a lot - we go everywhere on the bus! - an di was lucky to have people to go visit etc. i know its not like that for everyone so i can imagine how you can feel cut off.

dont get me wrong i like my job (just as well as we need the extra money!) and alex is fine being with my mum & mil but when i get home and here what he's been up to i still think i wish i'd seen it. but i am greeted with the most lovely smiles and he is so pleased to see me that its almost nice to have been away! at least he wont take me for granted!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back