Starving all the time!

Little tip if your doing frozen meals, you can save room in your freezer by once frozen moving them from plastic trays to sandwich bags. You can stack double the amount in the same drawer then.

I haven't batch cooked.

For one thing, I have no room in my freezer lol. It's full of veggie burgers and veggie sausages, I need to tidy it up a bit as I'm sure I ought to be able to fit more in lol!

But also I don't have a microwave and hate reheating stuff on the hob.

I have pasta sauce in and pasta, will buy more pasta this week I think.

I'm also hoping it warms up and then I'll just buy things like salad, hummus & pitta bread etc and have stuff like that rather than cooked meals. Also going to buy some frozen pizzas for quick meals for the kids, but again, need to tidy up the freezer a bit first so I have room for them. Also going to make another batch of yorkshire puds this week for the freezer, my 9yr old likes them. And might get oven chips in to go with it when I don't feel like standing peeling potatoes for mash LOL.

It does feel like we're preparing for an apocalypse at the moment, OH has gone to do the big shop today and the list was 3 A4 pages long.

It does feel like we're preparing for an apocalypse at the moment, OH has gone to do the big shop today and the list was 3 A4 pages long.

Wow that's a big list how big is ur freezer lol? We defrosted ours the other night so got some space. We got some breaded fish and pitta in there and meat. I told him we need to cook bits so going to make fishcakes, lasagne, maybe burgers. I have a slow cooker so will use that also. X

We don't do microwave either - I'm the hob queen lol - I've always batch frozen even without a baby! Slow cookers are a great thing to have. My partner bakes all our bread too, which we can freeze. And there's always my weakness for fish fingers o.o

Blueclass I also put on two stone, went on the scales this morning and I've lost 1 stone already.... so wouldn't worry about it hun xx

I don't mind cooking but I'm absolutely done with peeling veg atm LOL!!

Hence why I'm planing to live of meals of pasta or ratatouille etc and hummus with pitta bread lol.
Think I'll be going for Mediterranean veg that just needs chopping and cooking rather than carrots and potatoes and root veg that needs peeling, haha.

Good job it's summer :D

Was gonna say, thank the gods for the summer babies lol - I love swedes, but get so weary of peeling and chopping the damn things by the end of the colder months... I start just chucking some other things in with skins on, but can't really get away with a massive swede haha

We've just done this weeks food shop. Lasagne for Sat/Sun (freeze couple portions.) Mon/Tue chicken mushroom stroganoff wholegrain rice. Wed/Thu cougette and mascarpone tart sweet pot wedges :cheer:

My DH and I do love med veg and Italian. We always have salad stuff in anyway and hummus. I would like the nice weather to return now please though - its been freezing this week and so need comfort food!

Haha Yorkslass we eat freezer stock too sometimes but we're trying to be strict! Yup StephyLou also has a good point with the freezer bags!

I could so eat fish and chips right now... My fav thing to cook atm in 40 mins is med veg with sweet pots and salmon. Found the recipe on tesco I think...

*wanders off to find food*

I'm like YorksLass. I ate like a bear in Tri 2 and put on weight fastest at that time. But now that I'm in tri 3 I am so full of heartburn that I can barely stomach the thought of eating in the evening. Seems a waste of this opportunity to eat as much as I like!

Interestingly, I also craved protein-rich and salty foods in my first 2 trimesters, like meat, eggs and cheese. Now I'm all about the cakes and chocolate, which totally disinterested me before. Baby is sending some strong signals about what she needs!

Strangely, I've been on a chocolate and sweet things mission in tri 3, when I just wasn't bothered about any of that before o_O
Before was all about white fish and cheese lol

I'm suddenly craving appletizer! randomly it can be one of your 5 a day but its high in suqar. Makes the baby do the can can though.

I keep trying and failing to be good! LOL

On Tuesday I took the kids to Toby Carvery.... I really wanted veg but just couldn't be bothered cooking lol.
Got a butternut squash crumble and a huge plate of veg and roast potatoes haha.
Kids had a bit of carvery (eldest ate a decent amount, 9yr old didn't.) and then they both had a pudding so they were happy.

Then Wednesday night I had sweet potato chips and a veggie burger & broccoli & a portion of onion rings. Then later had a bowl of cereal :shock:

So then last night and tonight I've tried to be a bit better and had a nice big salad, but ended up having more cereal and a chocolate spread sandwich last night and tonight after salad, pitta bread & hummus I ended up making a cake and having a big slice of that lol.

That's nothing phoenix. Today I had 2 weetabix for breakfast with OJ, then 2 toast & peanut butter later in the morning and then a big handful of liquorice, lunch was homemade soup with 2 slices seedy bread with cheese triangles followed by a mini roll, then a large bowl of fruit salad and 4 digestive biscuits in the afternoon and a slice of homemade banana cake when OH and daughter got home, and a big bowl of cheesy lentils with rice for dinner. Will probably have a choc ice later!! Think I'm getting a fair bit more than the recommended extra 300kcals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back