Starving all the time!

Blueclass

Reaction score
So il be 39 weeks tomorrow and lately all iv wanted to do is eat. Iv ate so much crap recently. I'm currently in bed but about to get up and go tesco as all I can think of is pizza. Why am I so hungry? All I seem to think about is food lol its like a drug.

Arg just weighed myself and iv put on 2 stone it was only just over a stone and a half last week! I'm horrified iv put so much on but as I said iv eaten so much crap biscuits, creamy yogurts ect. I even had a choc bar last night and I don't really eat chocolate. Not going for pizza now I got cerial but I know il be thinking of it all day. Sad times... lol

I'm not as far gone as you yet but I can feel full most of the day and then all of a sudden I will feel starving and nauseous as a result. But for me I have lost about half a stone since becoming pregnant with my evening sickness.
When baby is born you wont really have the time to eat so it will balance itself out hopefully, until you get your routine going and then indulge in quite a few afternoon teas to pass time on mat leave haha x

I hope I don't have time to eat lol or I won't be losing any weight. I'm wondering if I should have cooked things and froze them so we don't have to cook. Has anyone done this?x

I am exactly th same hun, I typically eat a croissant and 2 bowls cereal for breakfast, biscuit and crisps at 11, sandwhich with crisps, yoghurt and mars bar at 1, dinner at 5 which is sausage pasta or chicken curry, bannoffee pie for pudding and then 2 bits toasted cheese at 9.

If your hungry your hungry... I had put on a pile of weight, was 7st 8 before I was pregnant and 10st 5 now....It will come off after Dont worry. you will be so busy with baby that it just falls off!! Xx

The only thing that worries me is the stretch marks, I'm not sure if they are coming from baby growing or from me eating too much! Xx

I've gone from just below 8st to 11 o.o I weigh more than my partner *cries*
I blame the baby this last month... for some reason it has me craving gold top milk and cream. I'm going to have one fat baby. Hopefully one weighing 3 stone, then that'll solve my weight...
I'be been hungrier in 2nd tri I think - couldn't stop eating! Then went a bit more normal as space ran out for my stomach and heartburn became king lol
It's just the types of things I want that seem bad... o.o

I'm definitely starving all the time too lol.

I've already gained 2st, was 9st 8 pre pregnancy and 11st 6 a couple of weeks ago. I'm 11st 9 now and have 4 and a half weeks left til my due date lol.

I'm not eating crisps, chips, or dairy products though. Trying to eat a sensible "low fat" diet to avoid getting Cholestasis so I'm trying to be good. I feel I eat loads though at the moment lol.

Had a "full english" (but with veggie bacon) yesterday & today for lunch lol, with a bread roll. Yesterday I had my dinner and then later had a large bowl of cereal.

I'm actually so happy I currently have no stretch marks! My bump is just very veiny.
I did get stretch marks with my other 2 though but they faded so my old ones are there but no new ones as yet.

Last edited:
I do have stretch mark but more under my belly. I also had a full English yesterday and today for lunch. Last night I had a curry and tonight I'm having pizza as I can't stop thinking about it haha.

Go for it Blueclass!! Baby must be craving it lol. My bump is get vainy as well Phoenix and I have stretch marks from last pregnancy, can't tell if the ones I can see are from last time or if they are new ones. They look like the old ones but darker? Xx

I'd say by this point you should just eat what you want when you want. :)

One thing that's kept me in check is its easy for your body to confuse thirst with hunger. If whenever you feel famished have a glass of water instead you'll be surprised how much less you need. Obviously 3 good meals and a couple of snacks is healthy eating for pregnancy as well and I have just eaten three cookies and a packet of space raiders lol.

I should have done that long ago lol not much point starting now. I'm having her Sunday so might as well enjoy it x

I was hungry allllll the time for about 4 weeks in tri 2 - I could eat two meals in a row! Luckily that wore off and haven't been like it for a while. Until now! I turned 35 weeks on Sunday and feel exactly the same again and have all week. I can't stop dreaming of ice cream and crisps. I'm trying to be sensible but just want all of the junk food! I've already gained 3 stone so feel worried about losing it after baby... Although people keep telling me that I look great and don't look like I've put much on (are people just obliged to say that to be nice?!) lol.
I feel huge, mainly my legs - they now look like tree trunks... With cellulite! But hopefully some of that will be water as my ankles are quite swollen too.
Can't wait for the baby to come so I can stop dwelling on superficial things!

StephyLou said:
One thing that's kept me in check is its easy for your body to confuse thirst with hunger. If whenever you feel famished have a glass of water instead you'll be surprised how much less you need.

I second what StephyLou has said above. If I feel hungry again after already eating I wait 30mins, then if I still need nourishment I drink a glass of water or cranberry juice. I then wait another 30mins and if I still want something I'll get it :)

Blueclass said:
I'm wondering if I should have cooked things and froze them so we don't have to cook. Has anyone done this?

I've done this. I went into B&M and bought 15 plastic 'takeaway' containers for £2 on Tuesday and now I have 4 portions of curry and 4 portions of bolognese in the freezer already. DH said that once we've been in to hospital he can then nip out and buy microwave rice and buy some more pasta if needed. We always have cous cous in as well which is done in 5 mins and is great to add into salad to bulk it out along with keeping a couple tins tuna in. This week I'm making lasagne and will freeze a couple of portions of that too. We've also just bought a 4 pack of margherita pizzas from lidl for £2.50 I think to also keep in freezer. I think that should do us for now. I also intend to use our slow cooker a lot more once bump is here because I can just turn it on in the morning and it'll be done by tea time :)

On another note I've just seen a really goey choc cake recipe on Pinterest and I'm now craving that along with an iced coffee :lol:

I think if your body is hungry just feed it, much like what Yorkslass said to me in the other thread about embracing the naps! :lol: ;-)

Last edited:
What is b&m? I had a pizza, got the base from tesco then added to it. I'm so stuffed now and feel gross lol but going to make the most of being pregnant for last few days. X

Totally think stephylou is right there - I've never drank so much water in my life o.o unfortunately I seem to have to drink water in milk form too lol

B&M is like a discount home store. I'm sure you could get some containers from asda or tesco...

Yes I will go tomorrow and look. Now I know I'm going in on Sunday I can prepare some meals xx

Get some casseroles, stews and pasta sauces and stuff like that cooked up to freeze... I keep doing that, but then we keep getting lazy and eating them already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back