starting a routine

winnie89

Reaction score
How did every one start theirs? Harry has had his bath about half an hour ago and had a fed and is now starting to doze off on me debating whether to take him upstairs or not? I put him down last night at 10 and he slept until 4.30 this morning! :yay:

I started a kind of routine about 8/9 weeks I think. The only things I tend to do now every day are top and tail in the morning before bottle, and at night, bath, bottle and bed at around 7pm (I'm not rigid with time as it depends on when he has his last bottle - I feed on demand so can vary an hour). I put him in his cot sometimes dozing off, other times awake but tired and he settles himself eventually.

xxx

Awww such a good boy!! I can't answer yet coz my LO is still too little. Good luck though hun! I'll be thread stalking so I know for future reference :) xx

I gradually built Harlow up to waiting 4 hours for her bottles rather than 3 hours. Once I had established this I started set times of

08:00
12:00
16:00
20:00

She then wakes between 02:30 to 3:30 for her night feed. If she woke any earlier she would get her dummy until she took the hint.

Then its back to 8am again.

Its working a treat now and she seems a lot more settled. X

Tbh we just went with the flow for the first few weeks. I used to love smuggling with him asleep on me in the evenings, it was lush! At about 10 weeks we started putting Jax to bed in his big cot in his own room. I got him into a routine with his bottles at around 4 months so he has them at 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm (and still has 1-3 during the night). We didn't start bathing Jax every night until recently when we started weaning cos he smells of food which is gross! Now he has 5pm dinner, 5.30pm bath, 6pm bottle and bed

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

I bf so harry is fed when he wants and I don't bath him every day I only did today because he threw up everywhere and he smelled of stale milky sick yuck he sleeps whenever he wants to! I'll probably start more when he gets into his own little routine for feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back