so far have got:

pushchair/carrycot/carseat - new from ebay

cotbed - from big bro
baby bath & changing mat on stand - from big bro
4 x pram blankets - from sis
1 x baby dressing gown - from sis

2 x pram blankets (1xlemon, 1xwhite&grey) - new from primark
2 x hooded baby towels - primark
1 x pk 6 normal towels - primark (just going to get a couple pks these and wash in nice washing powder)
1 x cot bed blanket (white) - new from dunelm
1 x cot organiser (white) - new from dunelm
1 x laundry bag (white) - new from dunelm

1 x coming home outfit (lemon) - from mothercare
2 x baby cotton cardigans - new from ebay
8 x pairs baby socks -primark
1 x sleeping bag - new from ethel austin

on the way

1 x bundle newborn baby clothes - used from ebay
1 x cotton baby outfit - used from ebay
1 x fleece pramsuit - used from ebay

1 x 10piece newborn starter set - new from mothercare
1 x 2pk flannelette flat sheets for pram - new from asda
1 x 2pk flannelette flat sheets for cotbed - new from asda
1 x 2pk jersery fitted pram sheets - new from asda
1 x 2 pk jersey fitted cotbed sheets - new from asda

am thinking of getting this, is it suitable for boy or girl do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0354429323

just need to get couple more cotbed blankets and some more sheets i think! and some more baby clothes! is it okay to get clothes from ebay for a newborn? not being tight or anything, just dont wanna be spending a lot on clothes that baby wont be in for too long! i'd rather get more new clothes for when its older! obviously i cant get too much at the mo cos we not sure what we having!

Id say its suitable for both :) my sister has just bought us a cot bumper, duvet, mobile, light set from matalan :lol: we call it the zombie teddy range. Its fab. You seem very organised wish i was :hug: :D

I dont think they are in newborn size for 2 minutes so it might be cheaper to buy new if you took into consideration post and packing plus how little you would need. I dont think ebay always works out the cheapest option personally, unless you can search for your area and collect and save on p/p.

I'm finding it hard buying blankets atm and a baby bath, cant find one anywhere and I am panicking as only got 5 months left!!! :eek:

eta dont forget scratch mits, and i got some of those sleep bags from ethel austen half price right now! I wouldnt mind some of them for me, they look well cosy!!!

organised? i wish i was more organised when it comes to our flat!

i just dont want to panic too much towards the end, so thought id best get going now while i have the energy!

yeah the sleeping bag was half price, got a plain white one so is suitable for either!

i plan on getting sleepsuits, vests etc all new, but have had some bargains off ebay recently for newborn stuff so unless i see anything really cheap (which il get) think i might just look on ebay for the bundles of baby clothes!

You have to be careful with fleece blankets mind as they cant use them till around 6 months old - I didnt know this and bought loads!!

I think they could be bought cheaper in the shops judging by the price of the gro bags at £13 +pp when full price ethel austins are £8 and £10. I'm just going to keep looking, our main shops are crap for baby things though.

Blimey you are more organised than me and I only have 3.5 days left til I meet my baby!!

Newborn clothes were the only thing I decided I wouldnt buy 2nd hand as they are so cheap in Matalan, Tescos etc and I havent gone overboard as Hollyhobby says they are supposed to grow out of them so quickly!

I hadnt even thought about bedding for the pram, I guess I need sheets for the carry cot?? :?

The bedding set looks lovely, but be aware that you are not supposed to use cot bumpers until your LO is 6 months old+

Just want to say measure up your pram too for sheets as the ones I got are 3/4 the length so are useless. i thought they would just be a std size but I can use them for the moses basket. Actually not sure how I am supposed to get sheets in my pram as the straps are in the way and there is no lip on the mattress topping either, need to spend thinking time on this! :think:

Re cot bumpers too, I'm putting mine on the bottom as thats where any draught might potentially be so you can get wear out of them, then i think when they can pull themselves up you have to remove them - gosh i have so much to learn actually!

ellie its my dads birthday the 16th! Lots of luck and roll on the 17th when it's all over!! :hug:

hi thanks for the tips about the fleece blankets and cot bumpers...i knew about the bumpers, didnt know about the fleeces tho!

our local tesco is useless for newborn baby clothes, only managed to get one pack of vests in that size so far, and we dont have any other cheap places! im not sure i would call mothercare cheap!

Mothercare is way too dear for what they sell imo. Even their sales prices where too much I thought.
When you think there is no VAT on childrens clothes, they should be cheap, but Mothercare are dearer than adult clothes. They might be the next to disappear from the high street!
I'm not going to pay more for baby things than stuff for myself, yet they were selling tiny dressing gowns for £12 for babies, and they would be like £10 same thing for me!

My fav places are Ethel Austin, Asda and Wilkinsons, thats after i've trawelled all the charity shops :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back