Baby shopping!

becks20

Reaction score
Im going baby shopping on saturday and iv got a long list of stuff i want/need to get other then clothes but i just dont know what i should get now and what i should leave till nearer the end of the pregnancy :S i think iv given my OH the biggest heart attack ever when i showed him the list and told him its nearly £400 lol so if i write my list here can you help with what i could get now and what i should leave till nearer the end? thanks x

crib
crib mattress
Cotbed mattress (i already have the cotbed)
baby monitor
crib fitted sheets
crib flat sheets
bath
bouncer
grooming set - hairbrush etc
hooded towels
change mat
crib bale
cotbed bale
breast pump
johnson set
nappy wrapper cassettes (i already have the nappy wrapper)
Play mat
cot toy

and thats my list :) x

hiiii

crib - imo waste of money, moses basket much cheaper and mobile. i was bought crib madison hasnt lay in it once.
crib mattress
Cotbed mattress (i already have the cotbed) - get now cos its handy to have in and price doesnt change
baby monitor - dont forget you dont really need these until baby is napping upstairs . i bought the sensor movement ones and theyve not been used i only use the basic monitor part and only started using it this week to allow her to nap in her nursery to get used to room.
crib fitted sheets
crib flat sheets
bath - i would recommend not getting crib and put ur money into changing station - best invention ever!!! :D
bouncer - get because its nice to have somewhere to sit baby other than basket/crib
grooming set - hairbrush etc - i bought the tommee tippee grooming set havent used it the thermometer is under arm i mean hello stressed babys dont sit still to get thermometer shoved under their arm. My SIL has the braun thermoscan which is fab and altho expensive well worth the money.
hooded towels - defo get lol i forgot these!!! there only £3.50 in asda for wee neutral ones with teddy on
change mat - i havent used mine but i use changing station or knee
crib bale -
cotbed bale i bought mine early
breast pump - buy now i think tescoo have some half price atm :d
johnson set - i love my johnson set £25 in argos but tesco and asda had them in ther baby event down to £10 bout 4 times when i was preg so it wil prob come on offer
nappy wrapper cassettes (i already have the nappy wrapper) buy now
Play mat - defo buy for baby coming . i found having lots of places to put madison great because i didnt want her to get used to being carried around all the time.
cot toy - mine is great but shes only looking at it now. mine only sings for bout three mins and spins. theres gorg leap frog and fisher price ones that have 20 min timer sing spin and light up. my niece loves hers so i think i will be buying a new one now madison is getting interested .

sorry if too much detail but this is all the things im dealing with now.

if you are buying a moses basket its a good idea to set it into the cot at night time rather than the stand as babies quickly get used to the bars. i was told this and madison has no prob sleeping in het cot which i have now moved to her nursery. she only sleeps in it at day so i brought her stand up for night now but she has no fear of cot.

enjoy ur shopping trip - you will see sooooo much so leave all cards at home lol xxx

Thanks :) i was thinking of a changing station id love one but with me only living in a flat with 2 bedrooms space is limited, although i may be moving 2weeks before babys born :S i had a moses basket with my daughter but i didnt feel she was safe in it and at her other nans we had a crib and she liked it more in there then the moses basket so think ill be deciding between the 2 now haha. x

well if u have experience of both mrs u know best!! lol madison is coming out of her moses basket v soon she near fills it and is whacking her arms and legs!! lol xx

Aww bless, i dont think my baby will be in it too long either if he`s as big as his sister he will be out of it by 2/3months lol think ill need an asisitant to walk around mothercare with me advising me on things. I also need someone to show me how my pushchair works haha ooopsy x

aww class. did u buy all pink for ur wee girl. he most likely will b big then lol madison is my wee piglet xxx

yea bella had/has allll pink. Now iv gotta go alll blue haha! Yea i saw a consultant yesterday and he said this baby will prob be big even tho they have different dads. So i will prob be induced early and iv gotta have a GTT blood test :( 2 needles in 2hours i dunno what im going to do! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back