Stage 0+1 carseat question**UPDATE**

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
We bought Jake a BRITAX SI FIRST CLASS CAR SEAT and Ive fitted it as demonstrated by the person in the shop/as per instruction leaflet. It just doesnt feel like its fitted very well. It moves from side to side loads. Ive pulled the seat belt straps as tightly as I possibly can and Ive checked and re-checked the instructions to make sure I have done it properly. It just seems too wobbily to be safe.

Is it meant to be like this :?

Don't know Natalie but I'd go back to where you bought it and get it checked, or Halfords, think they check them for free? You need to put your mind at ease :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, Im going to, I might try halfords as there is one near me. Jake is still using the travel system seat for now! :hug:

I was gonna post exactly the same thing. We tried fitting our BRITAX SI FIRST CLASS CAR SEAT today and it's quite wobbly too. I looked on the britax website and it says it's compatable with our car :? . Mind you I didn't think the instructions were that clear.
Question - You know the diagonal strap that goes round the back of the seat, does it need to hook over the hooks on both sides of the seat? It only looks like it needs to hook over the hook nearest the window, but it seems more stable when hooked over both :think: .
Does Halfords still check the seat for you even if you haven't bought it from there? Or where else checks them?

natalie&jake said:
We bought Jake a BRITAX SI FIRST CLASS CAR SEAT and Ive fitted it as demonstrated by the person in the shop/as per instruction leaflet. It just doesnt feel like its fitted very well. It moves from side to side loads. Ive pulled the seat belt straps as tightly as I possibly can and Ive checked and re-checked the instructions to make sure I have done it properly. It just seems too wobbily to be safe.

Is it meant to be like this :?

I bought the same one and I asked the woman in Mothercare who was a goldmine of info! I also have the Jane lie-flat car seat which also wobbles about a bit.

This is what she said...

When you use the Britax SI in the rearward facing position, the safety of the seat relys upon the inertia reel system of the cars seat beat. Roughly translated that means if you have a collision the seat-belt will lock up and hold the seat firm.

Whats more, if you were hit from the side, its better for there to be a bit of side-ways give in the car seat, which would help absorb some of the impact.

So in short, yes they are designed like that, but if you have any doubts about how you've fitted it then yoou should get it checked.

our car seat wobbles a bit from side to side but its is very safe although we are going to get a new one as the seat belts keep twisting and it is so fucking annoying.

Just to let anybody know who has the same concerns as me...

I went to Toys r us with the carseat (in the car) and asked if thay could check how Ive fitted it and if it is correct. The lady looked and said it was fitted right but there were twists in the seatbelt which made it loose. Ive straightened them and it feels a lot firmer :D

your local fire station normally will be happy to check, or if u see one of them AA people set up in car park of supermarkets etc?

ours wobbles a little too, think its normal?

oooh thanks for posting your update Natalie, I just got that car seat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back