Stabbing Pains in Cervix??

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I've had this for a few weeks now, on & off, it's just like a quick sharp stabbing/stinging pain, usually when i'm up & about.

Feels like it's at the top of my 'flue' :? maybe in my cervix?

I'm seeing midwife on Monday so maybe she'll tell me what it is but thought i'd check if any of you ladies have experienced this??

:wave: hey sweety,

i have had a weird pain like this but not very often its not very painful just more niggly for me, im sure its normal and just a stretching pain perhaps.
i find it happens to me more often the day after i have sex (im trying anything at the mo as sooo impatient!!!)xx

I've had this a few times too - not a pain exactly as a sharpe discomfort. I tried explaining it to my mum but wasn't very successful lol!!

I think it's just everything moving and I seem to have had it after walking or standing so I am guessing it's something to do with the weight of baby and gravity!

Be interesting to hear what your midwife says as I don't see mine for a couple more weeks.

Hello ladies...

I had this too (still do sorry)....
Mine came down to two things - 1. Head engaging
2. symphysis pubis dysfunction

If you search in the forum for SPD there are loads of usunfortunate ladies that suffer from it. Still talk to your midwife about the pains but I had them like I said and this is what the midwife told me!!

Hope it helps - - or maybe not seeing as though I STILL get the pains hehehe x x x x

I have had this for the last week or so too. It often happens when I get to the top of my stairs but is generally when I am up and about too.

I am hoping it is baby engaging, but I also suffered from SPD so could also be to do with that.

Will be interesting to see what MW says. :hug:

I've been diagnosed with SPD too back at the beginning of August, forgot to say, but it's more like a pain in my flesh, (if that makes sense??) The SPD generally gives me back/bum or Pubic bone pain. I'll see what MW says Monday & let you all know. Thanks girls.

ive had these as well... some that really make you jump & grab yourself. Ive been told its just down to pressure of babys head on the cervix. I like to think of it as baby having a poke around making sure it knows which way is out :lol:

Hey hun I get these all the time! And I mean all the time lol! I will be walking around and have to say OUCH I try not to but cant help it! It bloody hurts! I had it with my others too so Im not too worried! I think it is he pressing on the top of my cervix! Kinda feels (and not meaning to be crude) but like a Knitting needles just been shoved up my ladybits! Not nice! lol

Yea I get this too :roll: Reminds me of a pretty brutal smear test I once had :shock:

I jusy say "oh theres bubs jabbing the old cervix again" :roll:

Dont worry hun, this happens :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back