Spotty itchy rash on bump, quite concerned?????

vixxie77

Reaction score
As the title says I have an itchy spotty rash on my bump, have had for couple of days and is gradually getting worse!! Not sure if it may be a reaction to bio-oil but don't think this is very likely. Please help!!!! x x

I started using bio oil about 2 weeks ago every night just on my bump and noticed it went really itchy and there was a rash cos I was scratching so much. I stopped using bio oil about 3 or 4 days ago to see if I made a difference cos I too was worried like u and the itching has gone! Maybe try stopping using the bio oil to see if anything changes? Xxx

It could well be the bio oil. Even if you use it frequently, you can become sensitised to it and have a reaction.

I have heard somewhere that you can get really itchy skin on your bump in pregnancy?
You could try using some cream on it, sudocrem might be good x

It may just be the skin stretching causing the itching i guess... But don't know about a rash, maybe give the bio oil a few days off and see if that makes a difference? x

have rung triage at the hospital to see what they think and they said it sounds just like a pregnancy rash but can go and get it checked if I want. Not sure what to do? Have a red spotty itchy rash covering the whole of my bump, but no where else. I put bio oil on my breasts, thighs and back too, so wouldn't rash be there too. Just worried it could be something serious x x

if you are worried about it get it checked hun, at least it would put your mind at rest xx

Thanks ladies. I'm going to get it checked, just to be on the safe side, I'll just sit here worrying otherwise :roll: Just seems to have got a lot worse in the last couple of hours, I really wouldn't be that concerned apart from that x x

best to get checked, let us know how you get on c

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I'm up at triage. They've listened to baby and all is fine. They said the only way to tell if anything to worry about is to take blood, which they did about 15 mins ago, can take upto any hour for them to come back, so just have to wait now x x

Last edited:
hope everythings ok :) youve done the right thing getting checked out xx

I'm home. Bloods came back normal, except iron borderline, th mw told me to eat more red meat etc. But apart from that all fine. They said to take antihistamine and if no better when I see mw on fri to mention it to her. So relieved, was imagining all sorts! Told her been using bio-oil and that have used before, she doesn't think its a reaction to that. But will wait until rash cleared up before using it again, in case it irritates it.

Thanks ladies :) x x

Glad you're home and your bloods came back ok, I had an itchy rash on my bump a few weeks ago but it was an allergic reaction to something I'd eaten, something I'm usually fine with but can't eat now I'm pg.

Hope yours goes away. Keep slapping loads of moisturising cream on so your skin doesn't dry out from the rash. Xxx

I had this in tri 3. You have my deepest sympathies.

It was like loads of itchy little bumps in my stretchmarks. It got worse and worse and the docs didn't seem to know what it was. I self diagnosed that puppp thing lol.

I got anti histamines in the end but nothing really seemed to work.

I still have it now!

Thanks ladies :)

Well it woke me up in the night and just had to have a good scratch :( still itchy today. Don't know what to do with it. I'm taking antihistamines but don't seem to be doing anything :( x x

Last edited:
Have you got any moisturiser you can use?
It could be a reaction, as the skin on your bump will be more sensitive.
x

Washed it with some cool water earlier and seems to be a lot better, so will see x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back