Spotting and scared

Kerry&Rich

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 5 weeks pregnant today and last night I went to the toilet and had some blood.. I say blood but it wasnt red it was very watery and pink... there was the smallest amount and I had no pain but am really worried now. Has anyone else hd this and any idea what it means?

Any help would be great

Thanks xx

I've had spotting on & off, it could be a number of things. Mine is cervical erosion, but I know that there can be tons of other reasons. I've always been told to call the hospital as any bleeding needs to be checked out. You should call the early preg unit at your local hospital. I had to do this one weekend when I was 7 weeks, the unit was closed but I was told to go to A&E, so it must be quite important that they have a look & see whats happening.

Hope all is well. xx

at 5 weeks its unlikely that EPU will do anything, as its too early to see whether a pregnancy is viable or not.

ring them anyway, they may be able to advise you or put yur mind at ease a bit

spotting is quite common in very early pregnancy x

Well I have had no pain or anything and no signs on anything abnormal this morning. I guess at this stage its to early anyway!!

Thanks for all your help

x

hey hun.
I had some spotting around abouts the 5 weeks mark, just random over a couple of days but since then i've not had anything.
It really freaked me out at first cos there was some old blood but there was a bit of pink too.
Try not to panic, I ended up laying in the bath with a book to try and help me relax.
Glad you're feeling a bit better today. :hug:
xx

Hey hun,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I feel a bit better knowing its just "normal" :D I think as its my first its so hard to get my head around all these changes etc I just freaked when I saw it yesterday. I have had no pain or anything so will have to wait and see!!

xxx

I'm the same hun. Every twinge and stuff I start worrying and begging the baby to stay.
I tend to sit on here and read everyones questions and stories. Last night I got out a book we'd brought when we got pregnant in 2005, it was a "questions and answers" type book and I just sat reading about all the pains and stuff. If they get worse (like to the extent you're doubled over in pain) then ring the early pregnancy unit. From what the book said period-ish type pains are normal, just keep an eye on them i'd say. I know thats easy for me to say when you have the pains, just listen to your body, thats what i keep telling myself. :hug: :hug:
xx

Its funny because you think you are on your own but everyone feels the same.. its crazy!

I feel fine today so am hoping it was a blip!!!

When are you booked into see your Midwife?

xx

I haven't had anything from my midwife yet.
I don't know if they'll ring me or send me a letter but i guess i'll find out soon haha.
Have you had any appointments through yet or anything?
xx

No I think you have to call them to arrange an app. If you have not had any complications or previous history with m/c etc then I believe your scan is between 10-13 weeks! They do book it in for you though so I would call your midwife tomorrow xx

:hug: I know how scary it is.

I had pink spotting on and off for weeks, it was horrid!

But everything has turned out fine, so please try not to worry too much.

How is it today? has it settled?

:hug:

Ah thank you so much for your reply.

Like I said I had no pain at all just spotting but it was so scary. I just sat there and cried :( My boyfriend was great though so that helped.

Everything has been fine today.. no spotting, no pain just the odd crampy twinge. I have been getting these heart flutters though.. like my heart is skipping a beat.. the doc said its because my body is getting used to the other heart beat??!!! any ideas?

How have you been?

xx

:hug:

Cramping etc is normal in early pregnancy, and even the spotting, i'm pleased your bf has been a great help.

Great that you have had no more, but if you do make sure you go straight to the docs and hopefully he/she will be able to ease your mind.

As for the heart flutters, does your heart go fast all of a sudden out of no where?

If thats what you describing it's more than likely heart palpitations (get them still now) it due to the increased blood flow to support the pregnancy, as for what your doc said :lol: erm rather weird way of putting it I suppose but I think he meant what I said.

Thats good to hear. Thank u again :hug:

Yes, If I am honest I was in total state of shock when the doctor confirmed it that she was talking and all I could see was her mouth move... :lol: my BF paid good attention though and described it like that!! men! lol

Yes thats exactly what it feels like!! ha ha what a funny way of putting it!! This is a good sign though, yes?

So you have your 12 week scan tomorrow!! U excited? good luck!!

What symptons have you had so far?

xx

Heart palpitations happen to lots of pregnant women, I can't say its a good sign or not but it is just telling you that its doing something for the baby, so thats what I remided myself when I had them. Try your best to not get up or move to sudden thats how they happen with me.

Yes I am very excited :dance: thanks

Well I had nausea, fatigue and barely any sickness,I concider myself quite lucky.

I only have fatigue now but thats from running around after a toddley I think! :lol:

How are you feeling? I did'nt start to feel sick until around 6 weeks

Will remember that!!

It must be so nice to know tomorrow you will be able to hear your little babies heart beat!! so jealous :eek:

Well I am only 5 weeks gone so I think its too early to have symptons as such, I am feeling exhausted all the time though, craving milk and homous and thats about it. I am really looking forward to all the other things happening.. I know it sounds weird but at least then I will know its real! Everybody says its around week 6 so only a week to go :cheer:

Are you going to find out your babies sex?

xx

:cheer: Well I have a doppler (angelsounds) and have been listening since around 9 weeks!

Yes I undertsand, sypmtoms even sickness does help make it feel more real :D

No we are not finding out this time (which would be at the 20 weeks scan) I found out with Olivia and when I gave birth the midiwife shouted "its a girl" and I already knew so it took that magic away I think.

This time im hopign to give birth at home and I want OH to tell me the sex this time :D

Good Luck today hun.

Olivia is a beautiful name... its top of my list for girls..

I am feeling sick today.. I have a horrible taste in my mouth and smelt somebodies perfum earlier and it nearly made me vomit! :lol: sorry fo the awful choice of word!!

No pains though, no bleeding and everything seems ok. Booking app with the Midwife today! wohoo

xx

Thanks!

I updated the other post, didn't go how I wanted :( didnt even get one

Glad there is no more bleeding :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member