Sperm antibodies from OH

bbs4us

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am struggling with the thought of these antibodies that are proteins which attach themselves to sperm and slow them down or make them have difficulty penetrating the egg. My hubby had a vasectomy reversal April 2012 by a doc that has 97% success rates with patients who are ttc after the reversal surgery. This type of success is phenominal. However, the vas reversal doc told us about the sperm antibodies that the male builds up when sperm are introduced to the bloodstream. OH is at 99% antibody binding right now but the doc told us that men with 100% binding have had successfully conceived naturally and the percentage may fluctuate from day to day. They also told us that some doctors are saying that vas reversals do not work at all. The vas reversal doc's practice is working to debunk this theory and have ask OH to participate in the study and come every month to look at the binding percentage. I went to my gyn yesterday for annual checkup and told him about the vas reversal my hubby had done. The gyn doc started to tell me about the antibodies and possibility of having problems conceiving due to this. Even though it has only been 1 month TTC, my gyn offered to put me on clomid. I think before I start clomid I would like to give a month or two of trying naturally. I guess I am just hoping someone here has had any success with natural pregnancy even though OH has high binding. sorry for the long winded story but this is something that is really a concern for us TTC. I think tonight I will call the vas reversal doctoral office and ask questions. Any comments or thoughts ladies? Thanks!!!

I'm sorry I have not heard of this , but as a women who has had a female sterilisation herself as was told a female reversal op would not work for me, I understand how frustrating a position your both in, and I wish you every sucess in your ttc journey through to pregnancy - do let us know how you get on

Thanks hun. I wish you all the luck as well. I know it is frustrating to my hubby that the decision he made when his ex forced him to do it isn't what he actually wanted. Granted he did not want more children with her, he in reality still wanted more children. frustrating for me cuz I just want one of my own so bad!

Hey :)

There is a lot of conflicting information on this topic, but from looking at a study that has been done only 30.3% of couples conceived and only half of those carried beyond the first trimester over an 18 month period.

So, it can happen but probably not anytime soon if it does.

Don't forget that men tend to have below average sperm after a reversal and then the antibodies are going to be making it ever worse by effectively reducing their motility.

I think that if you want to ttc naturally for a year or two, then go ahead if your aren't in a rush.

If you want your babies yesterday, then I think you have more than enough reason to start assisted techniques xx

Thanks hun. I'm contemplating clomid but will at least wait a couple months. :) Do you mind sending me the links for the info you found please? Thanks! Xx

I'm thinking this thread may have been more appropriate for the fertility issues forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back