Spd :(

Tell

Reaction score
hello ladies,

so have spd :( very sad about it, mind olivia seems over the moon with the extra room!

was wondering if anyone had any advice??

xxx

Sorry didn't want to read and run but have no experience with SPD.
Can your mw or doc refer u for physio? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had SPD wityh my dd, there really is no pain like it, especially towards the end. I was prescribed painkillers, co-something or other, and used a hot water bottle when I was sitting down. As well as that I had loads of cushions in bed for between my knees and under my bump.

My midwife told me it does get worse before it gets better, and she was right unfortunately :( You really do have all my sympathies. You've just got to do whatever you need to do to help the pain.

Sending you a big :hug:

I have SPD and when the pain really hits i can't stand it so totally understand what you're going through.
I have been prescribed codeine phosphate which i have to say does the trick for me :) I'm sure your doctor will prescribe them if you ask, paracetamol did nothing for me but if you have tried it i would say go ahead and ask your doctor for the stronger meds. Only thing i will say is they knock me out for the count but with that pain as long as someone is here to look after my LO i don't mind :)
I use a pillow under my bump and have also been told the hospital can give me a better support band than the shops sell so maybe worth asking??

I have also been told that sadly as baby gets bigger the pains will only get worse.
I agree with the above comments though and ask your midwife what she can recommend for you as everyone is different so something that isnt mentioned here may work wonders for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back