SPD and physio

nikki8092

Reaction score
Went to midwife yesterday and she has referred me for physio for my SPD. Just wondering who else has had physio and what to expect xx

I had they go through what you shouldn't be doing with your legs, They also will go through labour positions which are better for you with spd. They will give you an explaination why you have it and give you a sheet which tells you about it and what not to do. Well thats what mine did lol x

^^WSS :lol:

I went on wednesday. She examined me and showed me exercises to do. I got given a support tubigrip thing to wear which lifts up your bump and realigns pelvis/back.

I found it useful, though tbh I had been doing most of the things she recommended anyway. The not sleeping at night problem is the worst part of all this for me but I have managed to find a way that helps with lots of cushions/pillows.

I was given support and crutches, also a stretchy thing for doing my exercises x

I have also been referred for physio and have appt next week so will see how that goes. Hope it helps you x

Given exercises but cause I have a low lying placenta they won't give me any support bands. Hope they help you with yours xxx

Thanks ladies, midwife said to me mine is bossibly as i have children close together Paige and Jake are 22 months apart and Jake and baby will be 27 months. They are contacting me next week so looking forward to that. Im finding sleeping awful, especially last few nights as i have also developed sciatica. Joys of pregnancy eh! xx

I was referred at 36 weeks and Im still waiting for my appointment :( my SPD is killing me too, its a whole handling standing up from laying or sitting xxx

I had a consultation with a physio for my arthritis but my hospital did a womans health physio. There were 3 of us at varying stages of pregnancy. The physio went through how to move probably and gave me tips on want to do and not to do and she fitted me with a support belt. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back