SPD and physio

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by nikki8092, Jan 7, 2012.

1. nikki8092

nikki8092 Well-Known Member

Went to midwife yesterday and she has referred me for physio for my SPD. Just wondering who else has had physio and what to expect xx

2. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

I had they go through what you shouldn't be doing with your legs, They also will go through labour positions which are better for you with spd. They will give you an explaination why you have it and give you a sheet which tells you about it and what not to do. Well thats what mine did lol x

3. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

^^WSS :lol:

I went on wednesday. She examined me and showed me exercises to do. I got given a support tubigrip thing to wear which lifts up your bump and realigns pelvis/back.

I found it useful, though tbh I had been doing most of the things she recommended anyway. The not sleeping at night problem is the worst part of all this for me but I have managed to find a way that helps with lots of cushions/pillows.

4. Lilelephant

Lilelephant Well-Known Member

I was given support and crutches, also a stretchy thing for doing my exercises x

5. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

I have also been referred for physio and have appt next week so will see how that goes. Hope it helps you x

6. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

Given exercises but cause I have a low lying placenta they won't give me any support bands. Hope they help you with yours xxx

7. nikki8092

nikki8092 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, midwife said to me mine is bossibly as i have children close together Paige and Jake are 22 months apart and Jake and baby will be 27 months. They are contacting me next week so looking forward to that. Im finding sleeping awful, especially last few nights as i have also developed sciatica. Joys of pregnancy eh! xx

8. angelmma

angelmma Well-Known Member

I was referred at 36 weeks and Im still waiting for my appointment :( my SPD is killing me too, its a whole handling standing up from laying or sitting xxx

9. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

I had a consultation with a physio for my arthritis but my hospital did a womans health physio. There were 3 of us at varying stages of pregnancy. The physio went through how to move probably and gave me tips on want to do and not to do and she fitted me with a support belt. xxx