SPD accupuncture, and advice on support belts/bands

ANNA27

Reaction score
hi ladies, midwife says I have spd, which is what she says is causing the pain, she has referred me for accupuncture as she says it is better than the physio option, any idea what its like?
also does anyone know where i can get a decent support band to help with the pain?
thanks for reading :D

Hi, this isn't a proper answer to your question, sorry, but is it an option for you to go to accupuncture and physio? I feel such incredible relief when I go to the physio because she is able to do gentle manipulations to put me more in line again, and the exercises she has given me are great. Also, it means I got a free belt and when I got too big for that one (which happened very quickly- three weeks or so), she gave me another one for free. I have been offered accupuncture too, by my GP because he is qualified in it, so if you go please let me know how it is.

no unfortunately midwife offered me one or the other,she has to refer me to the local nhs hospital for it. i had no idea which one to go for and asked which one she recommended, which she said the acupuncture, so went with that. I will prob have bubs before the nhs send for me though :rotfl:
If i do manage to get a session, I will let you know if it is any good Moss :D

Welcome to the SPD/PGP club :hug:

I got my hip strap from the physio so haven't had to buy one. Found this website and the prices don't look too bad. Otherwise I would google pelvic support belt for other options. Hope that helps.

Oh! I meant to mention my belt. I don't know where the best place to buy it is, but my belt works really well. I tried a number of them before I got this one. It was the last one I tried because it looks like it would be terrible but as long as you put it on right it is quite comfortable and felt the most effective to me. It's called Trio, and I think it's Arriva? If you google trio maternity belt you should find it. It has three velcro straps and a solid part in the back.

thanks ladies, I really must get one of these, I cannot stay in the house for the next 5 or maybe more weeks. I need some sort of support :pray:

I got a support belt from the maternity physio.
The biggest help I found was crutches (which I also got from the physio).
:hug: :hug:

I don't know how quick it will be for your accupuncture for NHS in your area, but GP diagnosed my SPD on Tuesday night and said he would refer me to be seen urgently, and got a call back today booking me in for an appointment Tuesday afternoon so quite quick. :D

ohh that was quick,I hope they are like that over here :?

Don't be afraid to chase them up if need be hun. x

Unfortunately, when I was pregnant with Luke, nothing helped, although I had SPD from around 24 weeks. I had the belts, support tubi-grips, physio, acupuncture and talks on how to avoid a painful labour (SPD wise).

I even ended up on crutches for the last few weeks of pregnancy!

When it came down to the actual labour, I was so high on entinox I couldn't feel my SPD anyway but afterwards it was bad so I would recommend that you TRY to keep your hips as aligned as you can when giving birth... hard, I know!

I still have SPD now. For the first 8 weeks or so after birth it was really bad. It's still there but not AS bad now. It hurts when I try to get up off the floor or if I have slept with my hips out of alignment in bed.

Try to just keep your knees together as much as possible. Don't overdo it and avoid stuff like hoovering as that made and still makes mine worse and don't carry heavy things!

Hope yours isn't too bad and you get some relief from the acupuncture!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back