Spanner in the works

ASD123456

Reaction score
OH and I had finally settled on some names after a long and painfull decision process. We both loved them and were settled on our decisions- we really wanted something unusual and we achieved that especially on the boys name.

Well, last week I read that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are using the girls name, which was Amelie. That was a bit of a pain but we had a few other girl names we liked.

My friend has just e-mailed me an article about Edith Bowman giving birth to a son called................... Rudy, our boys name :(

Now I know it's a bit over the top not using the name because of this but we loved it and now it seems it won't be the same if we do use it. One of our main things in naming LO is having a name that is not common, we want something different, having a celeb using it is not the best way to guarntee this.

Has anyone any ideas for names as we are back to square one, especially on the boy front- we seem to not agree at all on these.

Alex xxx

Thats really annoying isn't it?

I was going to have Max as a boys name until Christina Aguilera and Kerry Katona and JLo called their boys it.

We decided on Samuel after he was born it was a name we had considered during my pregnancy.

How about Rueben ??

I know what you mean about the Celebrity thing, the name you love might suddenly be the new number 1 one the most popular list.

I like a name which for the little one, but someone on here has it for there bubba and i feel wierd about using it incase it bothers them.

Very strange feeling .

Oh no, I don't really have any suggestions at the moment but I know we would have been gutted if there had been a celeb using the name Clark just before ours was born because we were so set on that name for years before he arrived and like you it was important for the name to be a bit different!!!

I really hope you find something thats perfect for you!!

I loved Max too Emma, but one of our friends had a little boy with the name so it was a no from the off.

Reuben is lovely, I did suggest it but OH doesn't like it.

It's amazing how one little thing can ruin a name for you. Back to the drawing board for me, I loved Rudy :x I'm going to be in a funk for a good few days over this.

x

Hi Alex,

I can see why the you'd look at something different for the girls name as Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie are 'high profile' and most people will know them and their soon to be baby names....but I really wouldn't worry too much on the Edith Bowman front - I don't think she's the kind of celebrity to start trends or be known for her child if you get what I mean?

I think Rudy is a great name and wouldn't be put off.

L xx

P.S On the slightly different boys names, I've always liked Beau myself.

Lisamj said:
P.S On the slightly different boys names, I've always liked Beau myself.

Thats my second favorite name but OH hates it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lisamj I was thinking the same thing!
Its not like Edith is forever in the papers/mags. It would be different if Posh had just called her lastest kid Rudy! :lol:
I reckon you can still have it hun. I'd still keep it in mind and see how you feel in 5 weeks. But if you really love it, I would keep it :D

Lisamj said:
Hi Alex,

I can see why the you'd look at something different for the girls name as Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie are 'high profile' and most people will know them and their soon to be baby names....but I really wouldn't worry too much on the Edith Bowman front - I don't think she's the kind of celebrity to start trends or be known for her child if you get what I mean?

I think Rudy is a great name and wouldn't be put off.

L xx

I agree

You're right, she isn't a massive celeb so the name wouldn't be overly popular. I'm going to keep it in mind as I like it so much.

No doubt the baby will be a girl anyway so this won't even be an issue :lol:

Naming a baby is a difficult task :wall:

x

FWIW I don't consider Edith Bowman a 'celeb' and most people are not going to have a clue as to the name of her son tbh. I'd stick with Rudy if its the one you like.

As for Amelie, their babies are not born yet and judging by the names given to their other children, I doubt Amelie is going to be their chosen one. Even if they do, you will have your baby first so its not like you were copying.

I'd not worry overly about the celeb thing. The only time I think that gets daft is when people name their kids unusual names copying celeb kids names (thinking Brooklyn etc here). Amelie is not one of the names I'd lump in that catagory.

I was moaning about the Jolie-pitts using Amelie too the other week! But, Im guessing that as this has been posted in all the papers now, I doubt she will use them names?! Well I hope not lol but then, if you use that name, I will be copying you!! :shock: hee heee hee
I do find it annoying when famous people use names you like! Then people say "oh Amelie? Like Angelinas baby?" :wall: NOOOOOOOO lol

I really think if you like the name so much and can't think of anything else then you should stick to it. The names we've had for our next baby we've had since before my miscarriage and I'm fairly stuck on them, my BIL's girlfriend is pregnant (2 weeks ahead) and their ideas include the same names that we like. Luckily for us they want to use our chosen middle names as first names so its not a huge problem but I will be sticking to our choices, mainly because it has been so hard to decide on anything and I can't imagine that we'll find anything we like as much!

Amelie was my first choice but my OH isnt keen. I still really like it though and am trying to persuade him. Didnt realise Brad and angelina had used it!

For girls names i like Ella, Amber and my OH likes Lilly and Ava.

Boys names we only really agree on Liam but my OH likes Riley and Alfie.

I love the name Rudy, I think it's a lovely name. It would be one of my choices if we have a boy, but I work with someone with that name and he is a big fat pig (a really horrible nasty man) and I would hate for him to think I would name my child after him.

Another boys name I really love but other half hates is Ezra, it's so unusual, but just sounds so nice. Rueben is also a really nice name.

I'm stuck on girls name to be honest so I'm no help there.

I agree with the girls, Edith Bowman isn't a high profile celeb, so it wouldn't occure to most people that you had named your child after hers.

Good luck with the decision making.

theres been a few diff names put in the press for brangelinas babies..
i bet they don't use any of them! and yeh i doubt many ppl will know about edith bowmans baby- shes never really papped!

its exactly for this reason i'm so glad i had my baby a month before britney had Jayden coz everyone would think i was copying..Hayden James and Jayden James!! lol blimming celebrities....

If it helps i knew edith had had her baby but not what it was called, and i hadnt heard anything about brangelinas baby names, plus i love that name!! I'd stick with it honey, you'll have your baby before her anyway

I still like Rudy, but thought that Monty had a kind of similar feel.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back