Spa - what can't I use?

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
In just over a week im off on my hols and the hotel we are staying at is a spa one, i want to make the most of what I can use. I know I cant use the sauna, steam room or jacuzzi but does anyone know if there is anything else that i cant use/do? x x

You can use the jacuzzi, depending on the temperature xx I asked my midwife about this, and she said a jacuzzi is fine, a hot tub isnt xx But it depends on if its a hot jacuzzi lol xx

Sorrry if that makes zero sense! x

Oh that sounds nice! Just think about if your body temp will go up or not, think that is the main danger and some of the oils used in treatments. if you have any treatments just ask them what is suitable. Have a lovely time x

YEah it is mainly the oils that are a pob but you can be massaged with just a plain carrier oil but you might be uncomfortable coz of your bump!! I jealous!!
xxxx

The only thing you can use in a spa is the swimming pool or jucuzzi when the bubbles are not on.
Most spa's offer discounts for pregnant ladies cos they can't use much.

Thanks for your replies ladies, with it being abroad i dont think they will offer me a discount but im not too bothered i just wanted to make sure there wasnt anything else that could cause harm to my LO or me, oooh i cant wait :) x x

Just out of curiosity, why is it we can't use the bubbles in the jacuzzi? x

Ooo lovely. We went to Centerparcs a couple of weeks ago and had a few hours in the Aqua Sana. I couldn't go in a lot of the really hot rooms but they have a couple of ones that are just warm and I was fine in there. The swimming pool had a bit at the end that was like a jacuzzi but it was pool temperature so not hot and that was lovely. And the reflexology foot spas were lush.

I think you just need to be careful not to overheat so no hot tubs/hot jacuzzis and avoid the really hot steam rooms and the sauna. Although, to be perfectly honest, I think as long as you use a bit of common sense, it's not going to do any harm if you just pop in for a couple of minutes. As long as you come out if you feel too hot. Although that's by no means a medical opinion. :)

Thanks M2A good questioned asked. I'm going to be going on a hen weekend to a spa when Im about 36 weeks pregnant - it doesn't sound like I will be doing much but hey hopefully it will be relaxing :)

Where abouts are you off to M2A? Im going to Cyprus in a couple of weeks, can't wait :)

Thanks for all the info ladies :)
Im off to Crete Nat, i cant wait, we booked it the day I got my bfp and it just seem to have dragged. Its my favourite place to go on holiday and with us probally not going abroad next year we have gone all out and booked one of the luxury hotels, just hope its as nice as it says x x

Ah sounds lovely, well have a fantastic time hope you get lots of time to relax. I think the main thing is to make sure you don't get too hot. I made the mistake of sitting in the sun the other day - I think your body tells you when its getting too hot - at least you should have a nice cool swimming pool to use :)

xx

Ooooo you lucky c*w!! :p
Sounds fab!!!!!! I'd say what the others had said and just use common sense. I'm sure if you get a massage or anything the person who is giving it will be trained in knowing what they can and can't use on pregnant women and seeing as it's obvious you're pregnant I can't see there being a problem in discussing this. Just point to belly and then massage oil and say 'ok?' with a thumbs up or down!! hehehe xxxxxx

:lol: PP, i can just imagine it now, think im going to learn in pregnant in greek just incase they cant tell! x x

Ooo, lovely. They will probably do some treatments especially for mums to be. My best friend owns her own salon and she used to give me a lovely mum-to-be treatment every 4 weeks with Lennon. Mmmm, so relaxing...I'm v. jealous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back