health suites?

sarafet

Reaction score
oh and i are going swimming today and we love going into the health spa before it for a quick sauna/steam/jacuzzi.

all the info i find on it is conflicting, some say don't do it while pg, some say it will benefit you :think: if i did go, i obv wouldn't sit in the sauna/steam for longer than 5 mins at a time anyways..

anyone have any ideas or have you done it?

Hi darling Im not sure but i wouldnt do it my self as i know that hot baths and showers r not recommended.
:think:
any ways i guess u should do what ur instincts tell whats right :angel:
have fun :dance:

Saunas are supposed to be avoided. That kind of heat raises your body temp a fair bit and is hotter than a bath. Also you are immersed in it, breathing it in and not a bit of your body is left unaffected. Its temp unlike a bath which cools, will also remain high.

Even if you limit yourself, I'd be worried about your overall body temp increase and that you would be sending it up quickly, then bringing it down then heading back in and coming out again, so its like a yoyo.

My MW told me saunas, steam baths etc were best not taken at all.

I'd pass on it if it were me, but its what you feel comfortable doing :)

Enjoy your day :hug:

I've only seen stuff saying to avoid saunas, steamrooms and jacuzzis while pregnant. I love hot baths and I really miss them. :( I got a baby bath thermometer so now I have baths at baby bath temperature which is just not as lovely. Now my belly is bigger I often have hotter baths (not as hot as I'd like them, but not baby bath temperature either) but keep the water level below my belly so baby doesn't get too hot :D
Here's what NHS says on the matter http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... cleId=2402
Good for you going swimming :D I have meant to do that for 20 odd weeks now :oops:

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, after a 30-45 min work out I then go swimming and have a sauna or steam room or jacuzzi and stay in it for about 10-15 mins, I used them before getting pregnant and love them, as soon as i start to feel too hot i get out and have another swim

well we had a lovely day :)

we did go to the health suite and i used the jacuzzi for 10mins, sauna for 5 mins and steam room for just under 5mins. i felt absolutely fine as i cooled down in the shower after each one, and then a lovely swim afterwards :)

i suppose it's like everything else - in moderation :think:

I'm glad you had a great day - it sounds very relaxing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back