Spa day - opinions?

Louloubelle84

Reaction score
Hi all. Wondering your opinion on going on a Spa day?

Nearly 19 weeks pregnant and not sure if it's a good idea or not. When I Google it, it says it's fine but avoid over heating and using sauna, steam room, hot tub etc. So isn't it a bit pointless going then?? To me it seems like a waste to go whilst pregnant but am I being OTT? I know you can get pregnancy treatments but I could just pay for that separately rather than pay for a spa day and not maximise the full use of the facilities.

What would you all do? To go or not to go ....?

hey lou lou,

i had a spa day with my mum on Friday was very relaxing. had a light swim, flicked through some magazines on a lounger bed, i sat on the edge of the jacuzzi for 5 minutes also. They had a sea salt room which was nice and stays at room temperature, smelt lovely and helps clear your nose and chest.

Had a lovely lunch there and a mum to be massage, granted not that great as i was sitting up(ish) should have gone for the facial or pedi... but overall had a relaxing time :)

xx

I personally wouldn't waste the money knowing I wouldn't be able to participate in most of it! But I do like to get my money's worth ;)

Bobbi - did you completely avoid all of the extreme heat rooms? The spa place I am considering going to is rather small so it just has steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and pool. And I would be going with my friend. So if I avoided the extreme heat rooms altogether i wouldn't even see her that much. And we use our spa days for a good old natter! Lol.

KateK I am the same regarding g getting my money's worth. That's why I think I won't go. Just wondered if you should avoid the sauna and steam room altogether or if you can go in there for like 5 mins at a time or something.

My friend doesn't know I'm pregnant so it's hard trying to put her off as she is trying to tie me down for a date.

I

I personally would not go, not if I couldn't enjoy fully the purpose of going there. Plus there will be plenty of time to arrange a spa day after the baby is born. So I would just wait. :) I would find something equally as fun to do but that I can fully enjoy while pregnant. :)

Depends on how much time you get to yourself normally �� I say this because even going to the bathroom alone is a luxury these days!

I am going on a spa day soon with friends going to have a manicure, use the pool and enjoy the light lunch & chilling. If you don't do a spa day make sure you pamper yourself st some point!xx

Id go but still definitely avoid the steam/sauna I'd be quite happy with a swim & a chill, a read by the pool, massage & a manicure & a lunch, just nice to have a bit of R&R before baby comes. X

I had a spa day at 8 weeks - it was naff. You literally can swim in the cool pool and sit on a lounger. No hot tubs, steam rooms etc. Massive waste of money but it was booked and paid for long before we knew about baby so I went anyway. Save the money and day for after baby is here xxxx

I did, i didnt go into the steam room or sauna but luckily there were pregnancy friendly bits to do, get what your saying if its literally pool sauna steam room then your a bit stuck!

i went with my mum so she knew i couldn't do much but we just chilled and nattered for hours :)

its a tricky one to to get out of unless you can think of something else for you both to do

xx

Thanks ladies. I think I will fob my mate off and then when I tell her (after 20 week scan is all ok) then I can explain why I don't think a spa day is a good idea just yet.

I do like the idea of some me time , but I would be just as happy with a nice, peaceful relaxing bubble bath (not too hot obviously!) With some mags.

I will save my money and book a full spa day for after baby is here. X

I've been debating the same thing for the last few weeks of whether to organise a pre-baby pampering. Online it says the first trimester you really shouldn't do any hot-tubbing etc at all cos baby is at quite a delicate stage, however second trimester is best time to go.
I've read up and the main reason they advise against is indeed overheating.
I still have hot baths at home but just don't sit in them for ages? So I would assume that spending 5 mins or less in these sanariums or hot tubs would surely be acceptable? Also, the hot tub is only unadvisable for overheating if its set to above 35 degrees. The spa I've looked at has a lavender herbal infused "caldarium", which sound lovely! :dance:

With this in mind, my opinion at the moment is you have to be a bit smart about it, if you feel hot, get out and cool down pronto. 5 minutes in an hot tub (or sitting with belly/arms out) just to relax a bit, and then cool off with a paddle in the pool?
I think anyone is a bit silly if they think a full half hour+ stint in a hot tub is a good idea when pregnant...
The pregnancy massages sound looovely (Quite pricey though) personally think I would go for a facial too, as this is fine with the bump and was very relaxing last time I went for a spa day.

What do you reckon ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back