sorry to interrupt...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Evening all you lovely tri 3 ladies...

I was just wondering if any of you before getting pregnant, used to have really light periods? but then still went onto to conceive and carry baby no problem...

i was a little concerned cos my periods have always been fairly light, especially the last few years when i was on the pill and then even so still light when i came off the pill.

I did get my bfp on the 21st jan but unfortunately i have just miscarried at 9 weeks and 3 days and im worried its because i maybe didnt have enough lining for my little bean to snuggle into?

anyone had problems or heard of light periods causing fertility and pregnancy problems?

thanks in advance...

xx

Sorry hun, I had quite average periods so I can't really advise. But I didn't want to read and run.

*hugs*

Hey,

I had fairly light ones I suppose, especially when I was on the pill, normal flow that would only last around 3 days.
I then came off the pill, and had one 'normal' af before I got my BFP (very lucky, I know), which again, I think was quite light.

I had never heard of light periods maybe being a problem when it came to ttc - I always thought they were a blessing!
Good luck hun :dust:

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she was saying that she always has very light periods that last 3 days max and she only ever needs to wear a panty liner. She's mum to 2 beautiful children and she got preggers very quickly both times so I'm sure its not a problem. x

I'd say my periods were pretty light really - only really lasted 3 days. I really don't think that would be the problem. I lost first baby at 5 weeks but then conceived again a couple of months later and here I am at 33 weeks - so am sure you'll be fine. Unfortunately miscarraige is extremely common, especially in 1st pregnancy (I'd guess that more than 50% of us here in tri 3 have had a previous miscarriage) but the good news is the majority of people go on to have healthy pregnancies xxx

thanks so much ladies...xx

the last period i had in december lasted 1 day, then i conceived 10 days later, so hopefully it should be okay xx

Hi Samsgirl. I'm so sorry for your loss. I had two m/c's previously and was concerned that it was because of my heavy periods (I have endometriosis). The doctor told me that period lightness or heaviness is not related to little beans being able to stick, unless in the very extreme.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease a little. Sadly like Amanda said, m/c's are very common and lots of women have them without knowing. Take it easy and give yourself time to heal.

xx

thanks :) yeah i am going to give myself a couple of months and then try again. we get married in november so if we wait til may, i will hopefully be a nice 6 months ish when we get married. that would be just perfect :)

of course will be keeping you all posted

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back