short cycle of 25/26 days and light periods?

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi ladies, as the title suggests, I have very light periods (2 days of bleed and then the next 2-3 days brownish sorry if this is tmi) and my cycle is short of 25/26 days. Is this something to be worried about? My 21 days bloods are fine but cannot help worry that this is something to do with why we have not conceived after 2.5 years. Anyone else with light periods? I worry because before I went on the pill for 12 years my periods were heavier? Thanks gizzy xxx

Hiya :)

I'd be more concerned with if you are ovulating and also the length of your luteal phase.

If both are ok, then i'd try not to worry about it ;)

Hey Hun

I also have light periods usually only one day of red blood and the rest brown. As far as I know thats not a problem, but unlike you my cycles are very long and irregular so getting blood tests and things at the right times is tricky.

I would go back and see your doctor to have some more tests done to see if there is something not right xx

Thanks Louise,

How do I calculate the lenght of my LP??

I have to say I never seem to get a strong long on the Ovulation sticks, just a feint one at the time of ovulation. i do wonder if I ovulate. I have had a blood test and internal scan done for PCOS and AMH level (18) does not show PCOS so it is really frustrating.

Gizzy xx

Mine are the same, really light and usually only last about 2 days at the most with slight spotting sometimes for a 3rd day. I keep worrying it's something wrong but stupidly completely forgot to ask when I had my first appointment with a FS last week, I will mention it though next time I'm there (18th Jan)

They have been like this for me since I came off the pill, before I went on it they were what I thought was probably 'normal' not heavy but not light like they are now and lasted 4-5 days.

Your LP is how many days between when you ovulate and you get your period.

Yeah, LP is just how many DPO you reach before you get your period.

So if you reach 10 DPO or more then it's fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back