Wonder if a trip to the docs is needed?

x Naomi x

Reaction score
Hiya everyone :wave:

After my loss and this recent possible chemical pregnancy, i am a little worried,

I was on the pill for just over 10 years and had light periods then, came of it in january in preparation for TTC my periods have been every 30 days apart but almost not existent.

I know i am OV because of the BFP's and it was only one period since my miscarriage that i fell pregnant again and had this chemical pregnancy

This month when i stopped getting BFP's i had the same brown discharge that would start AF but then nothing- i havent even had to wear a pad.

I have tried googling very light period - but all seem to go hand in hand with irregular periods which mine arent.

Has anyone had anything similar?

I cant answer your question as I dont know...my periods are irregular and very light (sometimes I could just wear a panty liner instead of a pad lol) but ive never thought it was issue and my doc never did either :think:

Though if you've been TTC for nearly a year its worth a trip to docs anyway as they may be able to start investigating :hug: :hug:

Thanks GGG, i never used to think it was a problem either, would the fact that i have had a miscarriage affect the year TTC thing as i have technically got pregnant within the year?

Im not sure to be honest, they could say as you got pregnant theres no problem conceiving, or they could investigate anyway....I suspect it depends on your doctor. Either way, theres no harm in making an appointment for a chat anyway so you know where you stand :hug:

I would make an appointment if I were you, although you can get pregnant it may be a progesterone problem that's preventing you sustaining a pregnancy.

If that's the case, then for a lot of women that can be resolved with medication.

It could put your mind at rest too.

Good luck x

Thanks for the advice girlies gonna try and get an appointment tomorrow,

The doc was really good, he seems to think personally that i will be pregnancy by february - i dont quite know where he gets his crystal ball :think:

He says that if i havent fallen pregnant by february he will refer me to a consultant as it will be 13 months then since i came off the pill

I asked him about progesterone and he said that he would rather that the consultant looked at all these things

So i just have to continue as i have been doing TTC until then i suppose

Hi NW1,

Left some info and a reply on my thread in TTC. I would advise anyone with light periods who had had trouble conceieving with chemical pregnancies to get their progesterone levels checked out. These are strong symptoms and progesterone is easy to suppliment with pessaries. If this is what your problem is, it could stop you carrying a baby for a veru long time but with treatment there is no reason why you shouldn't have a successful pregnancy.

I'm really hoping all works out for you. It's great news your doctor is prepared to refer you in Feb.

Becs xxx

P.S GGG, did you ever have your levels checked? Bare in mind they can fluctuate. Mine are perfect some days and as low as 2.5 on other days, causing me to have early losses.

Becs said:
P.S GGG, did you ever have your levels checked? Bare in mind they can fluctuate. Mine are perfect some days and as low as 2.5 on other days, causing me to have early losses.

I did yes, 3 times lol, but each time they said my levels were fine. Ive got my follow up appointment on monday after the lap I had so I'll find out more then :)

NW, glad your doc seems optimistic and feb isnt very far away....one word of warning though, my doc knew nothing about fertility issues and even had to check the internet to translate OH's sperm test results! So if he is a little vague about the details, it may not be his field, so make sure he does refer you to a consultant :hug:

Thats was he said lol he didnt know about fertility probs at all so when i asked him whether it could be a progesterone or antibody problem he said he wouldnt even hazard a guess.

Thats why he promised he would refer me i think LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back