Sore tummy with SMA gold

bilbo86

Reaction score
My daughter has been breastfed but she has been having 1 bottle of formula for the last 2 weeks and has seemed fine. I have now introduced a couple more bottles of formula and cut back the number of breast feds but after her bottle (aprrox 30 mins) she seems to be in a lot of pain and screams for about an hour. She brings up some wind and she also brings up some of the formula. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion to ease her tummy pain or is there any other milk that might suit her better (I am using the SMA gold powder at the moment)! :eek:

i use sma gold though totally not partially, i havent had a problem but its whey based so maybe why doesnt agree with your daughter, or perhaps its colic she has? i'm not sure maybe ask HV or doctor if your worried.
one of the other girls will probably be more helpful..sorry hun! x

I use sma white cap and the occasional bottle of cow and gate comfort. I am also giving him colocynth crystals from the homeopathic counter at boots.

He is super hungry so he is getting a wee wee bit of rusk at night too.

Bilbo you might want to try aptimil, SMA might be too thick for her after she's gotten used to mostly bm :)

I tried aptamil for several days with no change in her and then cow and gate comfort for a couple of days and still she continued to scream! :( I took her to the docs and he said because I have introduced more bottles now rather than just breastfeeding then she may have a form of colic. He has given me Infacol but to be honest it hasn't done much good yet.

I have had a look in our local boots and couldn't find those crystals that you suggested lauramumof2. I have asked my mum to have a look in the boots in Kilmarnock to see if they have them there. I hope they do and they might ease her discomfort. If not back to the docs to see if there is anything else they can do.

Do you think I would be best sticking with SMA gold as that is what she was having before all this happened and she was okay with it. SHe has only had a problem with it since she started taking several bottles a day rather than just one? :?

I had trouble getting the Colocynth granules from Boots too, I managed to get them from Nelsons, their number is 02074 952404. They will post them to you (got mine the next day). Make sure you ask for 6c in strength! Hope this helps you as much as it has helped a lot of us!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back