SMA gold users

lillou

Reaction score
i posted a while ago about ava not enjoying and not wanting her milk. HV advised me that SMA gold have changed their ingrediants (not sure if they have added something in or taken something out)

anyway i went and bought a small tin of SMA gold from the chemist in our village as i thought if the ingrediants have just changed their new stock wont be in so this tin will be the old ingrediants - result - ava started taking her bottles - 6oz's no problem. but that tin ran done yesterday.

since this we have had the same problems as last week, starts taking the bottle, gets the taste and then scream! it sounds like a sore cry too :(

anyway point of this post, has anyone using SMA noticed any difference with their babies feeding over the last week? i.e. enjoying their milk etc, what will i do from here? please help, its hard :cry:

How weird you said that! I usually squirt a bit on my tongue to test the temp and commented to my mum on Saturday that I thought it tasted better but joked I had probably got used to the taste.

Do you mean she started crying when you went back to the original milk ater the SMA ran out?

Yes they changed it very recently! The new one has a design with grey circles on the bottom of the tin with what it contains. Becky had a couple of days with HORRENDOUS nappies so I believe it was a major change on their part. They had leaflets in the tin for a short while to explain about it but never said it might cause upset. We even cut out other foods in case it was an allergy but no, it was the SMA. After about 36 hours she was fine. She does leave more milk now but then she's eating 3 big meals a day so that could be why she's dropping milk too.

I had a look on a couple of other forums and other people have experienced problems with their LO and the new stuff. One person I read somewhere (netmums I think it was) actually got a tin of the old stuff from SMA to "wean" their child onto the new one. Might be worth calling their helpline.

oh good idea, i might contact SMA gold to ask about this.

i never saw any leaflet but i had bought a few tins so had about a months supply so prob missed the time when leaflets were handed out about the change.

i dont want to change he rmilk completely and she was so content on SMA before the change.

Hazel- she screamed when we went back onto the new SMA. i had managed to get an old tin with the old ingrediants from out local chemist so once that ran out we had no option but to get the new formula and its since then she has done this.

:(

It must have been 8 weeks ago as I have been collecting the tins for someone and I have 8 tins with the grey circles and the rest haven't. About that long ago Connie had terrible trouble with what I thought was colic but might have been belly ache thinking back :think: , wish I knew this then as I was at the end of my tether with feeding :roll:

Hazel said:
How weird you said that! I usually squirt a bit on my tongue to test the temp and commented to my mum on Saturday that I thought it tasted better but joked I had probably got used to the taste.

Do you mean she started crying when you went back to the original milk ater the SMA ran out?

Ewwwwy the old stuff must of been really rank lol if the new one tastes good I tryed some before and :puke: :rotfl:

i called SMA this morning and they are sending me out an old ingredient tin of SMA gold to "wean" ava over to the new ones, hope it works :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back