Sore bum :-(

hels

Reaction score
Charlotte has got a bit of a sore bum, i feel terrible like its my fault. I change her loads of times a day. I presume with her pooing approx 7 times a day its not helping. i clean her up straight away, i feel awful, poor babe, shes only 3 weeks. I had 2 glasses of OJ yesterday and her poo was v.watery and lots of, i guess i will have to be more thoughtful as to what i eat/drink.
Any one have any thoughts on what to use. i have sudocrem but my friend said it made he daughter worse. help!

Avent do magic cream which is meant to be good for rashes.Just use water to clean her bottom and let it dry in the air (give her as much nappy free time as you can), vaseline can also be applied to the bum but sparingly. Hope it clears soon xx

Forgot to say I use sudacrem and have found it k, just add sparingly as too much can trap moisture on the skin and make the rash worse

every time i leave her nappy off she poos all over and then wees!!! but i am trying to do that, plus it gives her time on her tummy.
Thanks Beanie x

Alex has a sore bum and I've been trying to think of the name of the stuff we used on the older ones so I can get some - it's really annoying me now, tip of the tongue thing. It's a bit like the zinc stuff but it isn't.... arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Not much help I know but I WILL remember it by the end of the day - even if it means going to Morrisons and standing around like a numpty in the medicine aisle

Tracy xx

Will you let me know when you remember Tracy???
Thanks hun xx

metanium :D :D :D it's a little tube of ointment. and drapolene as well - that's in a pot

knew i'd get there in the end. i had napisan going through my head for ages, but that's the stuff you put in nappy buckets :oops:

tracy xx

Caldesene ointment? Or Sudocrem, it's what I use...

Sue

Metanium is fantastic, i only use it if she's a little red and use sudocreme rest of time :)

braydon suffers lots with his bum i have to use zinc and castor nappy cream and where possible use cotton wool and water to change his nappy and loads of no nappy time

Try Metanium it really is good i stocked up in the uk before i came back and it's good job i did as abi had upset belly for couple of days after we got back and was getting sore so i used Metanium and the next morning it was gone :)

How/why do babies get nappy rash? Damien has never had it ... I don't ever put cream on him and he doesn't have loads of no nappy time either. :?

Same here Sami - Ewan has never suffered from it (yet!) and i very rarely use any creme. He doesn't get much nappy free time as he being a boy christens the carpet at quite a long range! !! :oops:
We must be the lucky ones!

Alex only had it when he was on pregestimil and had really horrid poos, it's cleared up now. We don't use any creams normally but he does have loads of no nappy time - he likes having his bits free to dangle :oops:

Abi had it when she had an upset tummy, but i always use sudocreme anyway.
Apparently they can also get it when they're teething.

Manda x

Bepanthen is good, I use that on Erin if she gets a little red.

Jamie has only ever had a sore bum once, i used Bepathen and it made it ten times worse so i stuck with sudacream and it cleared up in no time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back