sore breast advice please

benjis mum

Reaction score
I'm breastfeeding Joe but the last couple of days my left breast feels tingly and a bit sore - not the nipple, the actual breast. I've got a red spot so not sure if its to do with it.

How would I know if it was matitis? Anyone got any advice, I'm still able to feed, it hurts more after I've finished....

does it feel lumpy or tender? if theres a lump it could be a bit of a blockage so massage it towards the nipple when feeding. failing that id go the doctor hun x

I had a lot of pain last week, it started suddenly and wasn't down to missing feeds because I hadn't at all. I went in the shower hoping it would help with the pain but it didn't. I had a feel and it felt extremely tender in one certain area, and quite warm to the touch. The pain increased during the day so I ended up going to my walk in doctors. I was prescribed some tablets for it and told to carry on feeding as much as possible.

If it carries on for the next 12hrs or so, I'd defo go and see someone about it. If it was to be mastitis then it's easier treated the quicker you catch it I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back