Boob problems

Elliellie

Reaction score
I think I might have mastitis :( I had a very small lump in my breast a couple of years ago & had it tested & was diagnosed as a fibroadanoma, but was only the size of a pea so was left. Since I started breast feeding it has grown & is now the size of an egg! It has also moved forward so it is in the nipple. I showed it to the doc at 6week check & he said to leave & maybe have it removed when ive finished breastfeeding. It does get in the way a bit though & I notice Isaac swallows lots of air on that boob & it gets a bit sore where his mouth rubs against it.
Anyway, since Saturday night that breast has become really painful & inflamed all around the lump. I've been taking loads of painkillers & it has been stinging all night. Im going to see the doc later. I really want to get the lump removed but wont be able to feed him after having boob operated on. I would also like to get the lump checked for peace of mind, but again a biopsy will interfere with breastfeeding. Is it possible to breast feed with one boob only?

If it's mastitis you need to see your GP. it could also be a blocked duct? Either way for now get under a hot shower and massage it, massage it while feeding, pump it when not (if you can) and put hot flannels/hot water bottle on it and massage.

Thanks pinky! Isaac was a good little boy & sat & played in his bouncer happily while I had a nice warm bath with lots of massaging, ouch! Spoke to doc & she prescribed antibiotics so can collect prescription today & she will see me next week to check lump once inflammation goes down. Hope antibiotics get to work quickly as it is so painful :(

OMG mastitis is painful! I had such a bad night, was in agony & crying & barely slept & LO was upset all night, probably cos I was upset. He didn't want to be put down & couldn't hold him very well against my chest as too painful. Boob is red & swollen. Im taking antibiotics, started yesterday but it's worse today. I'm also massaging as much as I can stand & have been putting a hot water bottle on it. I can't pump it as the lump is too big now & it's all deformed but getting Isaac to drain it as often as possible. He's been grumpy & sick loads today so not sure if my tablets are affecting him at all. How long does mastitis usually take to clear with antibiotics?? I'm walking round with my boob out as cant stand clothes on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back