Sometimes its just...

Tillytots

Reaction score
TOO MUCH!

I'll be the first to admit that I do struggle sometimes to cope on my own with James.
I love him so very much, he is my life but I do need a break sometimes. This morning he cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried. Its almost certainly his teeth bless him and I know if I had constant pain Id be miserable too. Nothing will console him, the only time he stops is when falls asleep after he has totally worn himself out from crying and being sick (from crying so much) I feel so useless and helpess but it also winds me up now. I felt like walking out this morning. Im now smoking more than ever which is just silly. *SIGH*

I might just go and let out the biggest scream I can in the garden :lol:

could you not give him a little bit of calpol to take the edge of the pain a little bit? i give thomas a ml at a time it seems to help, i no some people frown on using calpol unless its really really needed but it works and it helps :)
:hug: :hug: :hug:
xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree with Manda try him with a little Calpol.

I applaud single mums Tilly and especially you Tilly from what you have gone through the last year.

I find it hard being a mother with a partner let alone doing it alone, your doing such a great job hunni and James will so appreciate it when hes older and the sacrifices you have made for him. Your a amazing mummy and even the best of us have cracks show at times when the teethings happening and nightly goings on.

Keep on, your doing brilliantly!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah I give him Calpol girls and Neurofen! Teething gel works for about 5mins :lol:

Thanks Mrs T :hug: :hug:

I know James will appreaciate it when he is older. I suppose these first few months are the hardest and it will get easier :)

xx

does he have a dummy hun? i find if i give thomas some teething gel then his dummy right away he will suck on it for ages and it will settle him better :hug:
xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I don't blame you for feeling like that, you're coping fantastically considering all the stress you've been under. I agree calpol is brilliant for teething. I never found teething gel that good, its hard to even get it to stay on their gums. I find the dummy a lifesaver too.
At least the teething doesn't last forever :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

yep he has a dummy. He loves his dum :) he isnt drinking much milk at the mo because he prefers to chew on the teat rather than drink. Ive tried an icecube in a flannel but he didnt like the cold. hopefully he'll feel better soon.

@ KERRYGOLD00 Im going to get a teething necklace ANYTHING is worth a try at the mo :lol:

I have found Imogens teething necklace soothes away the less niggly of teething pains but when shes cutting she does need a good old dose of calpol - its the only thing that helps!

Tillytots, I got Poppy's necklace from Fizzymelon. It was only £11.95 & was here in 2 days. I'm keeping everything crossed for you :hug:

i got thomas teething necklace from ebay it was £10 and came the next day :) cheapest ive found
it seems to be working a bit but he still muches on everything in site
xx

Hi Hun :hug:

My HV swears by Aston & Parsons teething powder on the gums. I read reviews on it also and it seems to come up trumps over anything else.

I'd be wary of using Calpol too much if you can find alternatives.

Thinking of you and at some point I'll drop you a note. Need to have a chunk of time to myself to write :roll:

:hug: I completely take my hat off to solo parents - my DH is away for about half of each month and I periodically go through reflux screaming sessions which seem so much worse when I'm here on my own so my heart goes out to you. Is there anyone you can get over to give you a break every now and then? More :hug: for you xx PS Don't beat yourself up too much about the smoking - the promise of my nightly glass of vino is getting me through a lot of days

My hat goes off to you tillytots!! :D

I have bad PND and cant cope with my two, you are doing it alone, hell girl you're nothing short of a miracle. I kneel and worship :rotfl:

*edited as i was half asleep and realised i misspelt nearly every word haha*

thanks for all your replies and tips girls! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I feel alot better this morning - even running out of peanut butter hasnt really phased me :lol: James tooth is nearly through. I expect I shall be ripping my hair out at the wknd though because he has his op to remove the extra finger on Thurs. It has been put off twice as he was poorly but he is definately going this Thurs.

Im off to buy a teething necklace and those new era teething tabs! xxxxx

Aww Sarah, bless ya. You have so much to deal with right now. I so wish I could come and give you a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug!!!!!!!

DebbieM said:
Aww Sarah, bless ya. You have so much to deal with right now. I so wish I could come and give you a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug!!!!!!!

I know, it seems life's pooh shovel has dumped an extra load on me right now :lol: *******s! I wish you could come give me a biiiiiigg hug too :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back