Someone has sussed me out at work - bugger!

babyblonde

Reaction score
Some bloke at work today asked me if I was pregnant - had decided if anyone asked me not to lie so said yes, but only 10 weeks. He said 'well it's starting to show early then' !

Cheeky bugger - so apparently I'm a chubster.

Really annoyed though as I don;t really know this person well, and there are other people I'd much rather have told first. :evil:

Oh well.

I had a similair thing were I was sussed out uber quick. My second day at work my colleague offered me a cup of tea, i said no thanks, and then a few hours later she asked me 'are you menustrating', I was quite confused by the question so I was just quiet then she said 'you are pregnant aren't you' I didn't want to lie either, apparently the clue was the non tea drinking lol.

I am sure you look blooming!

One of the girls in the office (who already knows) did say that my hair is looking much fuller and shinier this week - it had gone really greasy and whispy. Fingers crossed the bloom is on its way!

What a douche! Did you find him after work and tell him that if he says anything like that again you're going to tie him down to his chair and shove a hot curling iron in places that no one ever wants a hot curling iron???

No I didn't do that - but will do if he blabs to anyone else!!!!!

How rude.

"You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment." ~Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"

You should ask him if his hair is thinning. That should send him scuttling off in a angst ridden panic. Unless of course he is already bald. Not that there is anything wrong with bald men - not wanting to0 offend anyone's follically challenged OH's.

:rotfl: he is bald actually!

I should have said 'oh, do I look like I am? Lean forwards so I can check my reflection in the glare from your head!'

no way! ahh im starting to get scared someone at work is going to point at my huge gut and ask the dreaded question!

I've just taken a picture on my phone of my bump/bloat but can't find the lead to post it - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

an e mail went out in my work to say "frances is leaving on maternity to have her twins congrats blah blah blah" a guy came up to me to say congrats. I pointed out it was a different frances so not only did i look like i was having twins, i must have looked like i was 8 months gone with twins! that was last year when i thought i had lost weight :wall:

I got asked if I was pregnant on the one month anniversary of my miscarriage!! I have a feeling he won't be asking THAT question to anyone again anytime soon. :shock:

I told a girl at work a couple of weeks ago, just i was going home as i felt sick, she said she had guessed because of the size of my boobs!!! :rotfl: Atleast they seem to have calmed down a little at the moment!

I just can't wait to tell everyone. :)

My son, who is 8, asked me on Saturday if I was (I was 4+1 then, and we hadn't been discussing with him that we were trying!). I was also asked today (4+2) in the queue in Adams by a complete stranger, when I was buying clothes for said son, and had nothing baby-related on my person. So, I fear the chances of hiding this until tri 2 are fairly remote. I have heard of early pregnancy bloating but I've never experienced anything like this in any of my other pregnancies. How people manage to hide it until their third tri sometimes I will never know!

I think it's rude when people ask if you're pregnant, especially a man!

A lady in Lewis' asked my mum when she was due a week after having me (WITH ME IN THE PRAM!) and my mum just looked at her. People are so insensitive sometimes. :evil:

Same thing has happened to me a girl sussed me due to my bigger belly (which seems huge!!) and the fact my boobs are normally like fried eggs are looking massive too! - typical the one time in my life I have big boobs and I can't go out and show them off!! :lol:
I would never dare ask someone even if I really strongly suspected in fear of the reply! :rotfl:

I was talking to someone at work today - who I dont think has heard through the rumour mill or anything and through the whole conversation she just stared at my tummy!

I'm definitely wearing my primark tent dress tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back