some questions....

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
so, after three positive tests, two of them being extremley unlikely to give a false positive, and the advice of the lovely people on the 'am i pregnant?' board, im accepting the fact that i am probably pregnant.

and also not sure if this is the right place, so tell me off if its not!

this is my first pregnancy, so i am not sure what is normal. so i have a few, probably really stupid questions!

1. alot of sharp, stabbing pains around my stomach.

2.some chest pain, and just below the chest.

3.Headaches

4.Feeling incredibly tired and sleeping alot

5.nausea/off my food (very unusual for me!)

according to the test, im only 1-2 weeks. so i dont know if i would even get any symptoms yet.

help would be appreciated :)
x

Hello and welcome. You are in the right place and congrats on your pregnancy. What you,ve listed sounds pretty normal, the chest pain is probs coz your boobs are growing, I get it all the time, and the stomach pains will be growing pains also. Don,t worry bowt getting symptoms early, some people get them straight after finding out. I,m speaking from experience!! :)

Yep all sounds pregnancy related to me. i was like that with my 2nd. Was only just pregnant and i knew i was before testing. Hope you are feeling better soon hun x

Hi and welcome :wave: congratulations and I agree ur symptoms all sound normal to me hun I got most of mine before my period was due too. With ur 1-2 weeks result on the cb digi's u are actually 3-4 weeks as dating goes from ur late period date, but ur only 1-2 weeks since ovulation and conception! Are u late for ur period yet? Xx

Welcome hun, your getting all the right symptoms. Don't worry relax and enjoy it :D

I had all the pains with first and had abit with this one, its just your body getting used to having a baby growing inside you will get the growing pains on and off for a while I did till about 14 weeks.

i am late for my period, dont usually keep track to be honest! but i know im late by quite a bit, which is why i decided to test :)

is it safe to take painkillers? on the leaflet for the paracetamol it said consult your gp first, but, as it is saturday, i cant!

xxx

paracetamol is fine just none of the others like ibuporen. you can't have flu meds or anything its poo, I had a bad cold with last pregnancy and was using vapour rub for a while until got told you can't as its got something in it bad for baby :(

misscrazycookie you are not wrong there, i have spent 10 weeks with a cold i cant shift lol. Paracetamol and lots of hot drinks xx

it seems like the things you should/shouldnt do changes all the time!

i remember my mum telling me things that she used to do with me (ok, 1991 was a while ago)
like give your child frozen peas instead of sweets (i do love frozen peas now!) and drink a pint of guiness a day because of the iron! which is probably not advised now.

i think i will have to print off a list and stick it up somewhere!

x

yeah there sure is a lot of do's and don'ts in pregnancy just the joys of it all :) but its all worth it in the end xx

yeah, im sure it is :)

even the smell of food is making me feel sick at the moment. havnt eaten much at all in about 3 days :(
deary me!

xxx

try eating little and often, that got me through the first 12 weeks x

hello again

im going to the doctor tomorrow, because i wont fully believe it until a doctor says im pregnant.

im just sooo scared that the test the doctor does will turn out negative, im still doubting that something this good could actually happen to me. and all my paranoia issuses are not helping things (i can rationalize these thoughts most of the time though)

just could do with maybe some reassurance or something?
xxx

Aww don't worry about it you,ll be fine. Just relax and enjoy the days before the sickness sets in lol. And is that a springer spaniel on your profile pic?

Last edited:
The doc may not test you hun, just be prepared for that. Mine didn't first time round.

I'm sure you are pregnant though, the digi doesnt lie ;)

Hey Welcome and Congrats.

My doctor still hasn;t officially confirmed it, my pregnancy has not been tested by a professional until my 12 week scan in a week :)

Don;t be surprised that id you say you have used a ClearBlue Digital that they say they won;t test again, although if you mention the false positives they might :)

But YAY your pregnant woop woop, it's a good thing

thanks everyone, just panicking as usual! lol

And is that a springer spaniel on your profile pic?

yes :) thats Bumble, the family dog, havnt seen him in ages :(
when he is standing up he resembles a coffee table!

thanks everyone, just panicking as usual! lol

And is that a springer spaniel on your profile pic?

yes :) thats Bumble, the family dog, havnt seen him in ages :(
when he is standing up he resembles a coffee table!

Lol, aww, he,s cute I love springers, we,ve got a four month old springer who my son has named odie, from garfield lol.

Last edited:
i love springers!Bumble is about 8 yrs old now. they have the perfect temperment, i have a little sister who is 7 and he has always been sooo tolerant of her, she used to try and ride him like a pony!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back