Some advice on 2 matters :/

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Right I'll start with the easier one. Christmas.

Cescas' father told me a few weeks ago that he was working on christmas day, so my OH and I have made plans assuming that we would have Cesca the whold day. I heard from FOBs Mum today that FOB isn't working all day and wants to see Cesca at his Mums' in the afternoon. I've had no word from FOB and don't want to be away from Cesca at christmas unless she is with her Dad. I feel so strongly on this as I lost my Mum last christmas and I truly believe that Cesca will be the only thing to stop me totally breaking down... FOB has shown no interest in seeing her over christmas this year (else surely he'd have spoken to me before now) and only saw her for 5 minutes last year...

Advice?

The second thing is about residency.

FOB and I agreed that Cesca would live with me, there was nop argument/disagreement, he didn't want Cesca with him. But...

Recently he's been really funny about contact. One minute he's understanding and flexible, the next he's an a**e who expects me to bend over backward so he can see Cesca.

I'd like to go for a full residency order with court arranged times/places for contact. So he can stop messing me about. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this and how much it would cost?

Sorry there is one more quick thing...

The grandparents (on FOBs side) are starting to get very pushy, and making unreasonable assumptions regarding when they see Francesca. (For example I had a full blown argument today about FOBs Mum having Cesca on christmas day). I want something done about it. But I don't know what I can do..... Help?

Thanks girls xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using TapaTalk

I can't help with the residency order I'm afraid but my opinion about Christmas Day is that your daughter should be with you. I may be wrong in this but that's what I'm doing. I'm having the children Christmas Day and FOB is having them all day Boxing Day. Christmas to me is important for me to spend with my children! And especially to you after losing your mum, I think having your daughter close is even more important!

To be honest it sounds like you should get a concrete contact order set up if he's chopping and changing at the drop of a hat. I don't know how to get this done however xx good luck xx

Firstly, I would stick by your arrangements Xmas day. If he said he's working, then what are you supposed to do!! My ex used to do this, say one thing and last minute change his mind and expect me to drop everything!!

With regards to access, you will need an access order set up stipulating times and days of access. It's the best way I think. They will prob want you to go to mediation first to try and agree on times etc z

Yea stick to your guns about Xmas day! Mine are going to fob on boxing day too!

Re access, first step is to see a solicitor, most do a free 1/2 hour first consultation! They can write a letter to fob saying basically that ge needs to be reasonable and you need to sort set times as it's in Cs best interests! Theyll suggest mediation before court as court can be really long and drawn out and they prefer it if you can get it sorted between you! If you qualify for legal aid, mediation will be free, I think otherwise it's about £200 p/h split between you xx

Thanks girls. She's going to FOBs Mums xmas afternoon now. I don't have the energy to argue about it this year. But this is the last time. As of next year Cesca will have a little brother to be with at christmas, if they don't like it, they can jog on. As far as access etc goes, I'm definitely going to look into it in the new year!xx

Mummy to Francesca. Born 10/08/2011. Expecting my baby boy, Benjamin. Due 07/03/2013.

On TapaTalk! Excuse any typos :)

Yeah, just glad christmas is over. And the way they spoke to me they've just messed up their contact with Cesca. She used to go to the every other weekend for 2 nights... Not anymore...xx

Mummy to Francesca. Born 10/08/2011. Expecting my baby boy, Benjamin. Due 07/03/2013.

On TapaTalk! Excuse any typos :)

Right I'll start with the easier one. Christmas.

Cescas' father told me a few weeks ago that he was working on christmas day, so my OH and I have made plans assuming that we would have Cesca the whold day. I heard from FOBs Mum today that FOB isn't working all day and wants to see Cesca at his Mums' in the afternoon. I've had no word from FOB and don't want to be away from Cesca at christmas unless she is with her Dad. I feel so strongly on this as I lost my Mum last christmas and I truly believe that Cesca will be the only thing to stop me totally breaking down... FOB has shown no interest in seeing her over christmas this year (else surely he'd have spoken to me before now) and only saw her for 5 minutes last year...

Advice?

The second thing is about residency.

FOB and I agreed that Cesca would live with me, there was nop argument/disagreement, he didn't want Cesca with him. But...

Recently he's been really funny about contact. One minute he's understanding and flexible, the next he's an a**e who expects me to bend over backward so he can see Cesca.

I'd like to go for a full residency order with court arranged times/places for contact. So he can stop messing me about. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this and how much it would cost?

Sorry there is one more quick thing...

The grandparents (on FOBs side) are starting to get very pushy, and making unreasonable assumptions regarding when they see Francesca. (For example I had a full blown argument today about FOBs Mum having Cesca on christmas day). I want something done about it. But I don't know what I can do..... Help?

Thanks girls xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using TapaTalk

Right i have been through this myself whlist my daughter was roughly the same age, go to a solicitor and ask for perment residency and explain what has happened. they will rush it through court without his knowledge and then once its done get a court order with outlined contact that way if he breaks it he cant use it against you good luck x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back