• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sofia elise finlayson-green 29.01.11

flexilexi394

Reaction score
My gorgeous girl is finally here! And heres the story....

Started contracting on tuesday 25th, 1 day after due dste and thiught how lucky i was! Little did i jnow it would carry on for 5 dsys lol. So my waters broke on the thursday evening, friday i had a pre eclampsia scare which turned out to be a load of rubbish. They even tried telling me id imagined my waters breaking, but it was confirmed they in fact did go on thursday when i was checked on labour ward!

So i started contracting every 3 minutes on saturday 29th at about 6am, sat in the bath from 7am till half 10 then decided i wasnt going to cope much longer so headed in and got there for sround 11.
I was checked and was 3 cms. The midwife decided i siukd go walking around so i did for the next 3 hours. I then went bk to my room and sat on a birthing ball. So at this point the contractions were every minute lalasting a minute so asked for gas and air.

So i contracted away on just gas and air and bouncing on a ball. They were comkng even faster so got OH to find midwife as i was in need of stronger relief. Birth pool was being used so my watrr birth unfortunately didnt happen. Got on the bed and was 8 cms and too late for anything. Next thing i knew i wanted to push so badly. And push i did! Midwife didnt know what to do lol so she got all delivery stuff ready. Forgot about the gas and air at this point so did all the pushibg with nothing! An hour later i thought i was being torn in half, but once tge head was out it was done. One more push and i was handed my girly!

Delivered placenta without knowing lol. Evan was making a fuss of her snd i just couldnt get over how lucky i really am. She was weighed at 7lbs exactly. We then named her! She was actually born at 5.12 pm.

A doctor tgen came in and looked at my bits, which were apparently the strangest tears she had ever seen. Not deep but in strange places. So it was theatre for me with a sodding spinal! After a good birth this was the utter downer.

Right now im on postnatal ward with my sofia

Congratulations!! Look forward to seeing pics.

aww hun didnt you do well :)

its great finally being able to hold your baby isnt it xxx

Great birth story flexi, you did well. Let's see her :)

Lovely birth story (apart from the tear) really happy for you :)

Can't wait to see pics!

x

Lovely story hun. Glad you are well and little Sofia is healthy :hugs:

Yay - finally here! Congratulations! xxxxxx

Congratulations beautiful name too xx

yay!!! congratulations mummy!! what a beautiful name too!! well done =)

Congratulations!! Don't feel down about the tear as exactly the same happened to me!!! just looking at your baby makes it all worth it!!!

well done - you did fantastically well - you must have been tired after the last few days - i'm so pleased you did it all by yourself too... well done and enjoy your gorgeous little girl x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back