• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sock, shoelaces and other things...

Olive

Reaction score
Does anyone else struggle to put on socks or tie up shoes? My god...:roll: It's so hard! I find it easier, for some reason, to do my left foot but my right is a killer.

Even bending to put knickers on is a task lol.

It's so weird!

Have been struggling with this for a while now but just thought I'd share :lol: lol.

xx

Yep I no longer bend in the middle so well. For knickers I sit on the bed to hook em round my feet as it's not as far down to reach.

If I have to bend down I have to set my feet quite wide apart, very lady like NOT.

Oh yes....can totally relate! I have reached the point of asking OH to do my socks and shoes when he is around! At 41 weeks I think I'm entitled! lol xx

I remember this from my last pregnancy and I'm bigger with this one so dreading it. I managed all but the last couple of days I got oh to do it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I've swapped into DH's car now because mine is low and sporty and I was practically rolling on my face trying to get out of it.

Oh yes this is a daily struggle! I hate getting up in the morning anyway so having the faff of putting on knickers, trousers, socks and shoes makes the whole process even more worse. I swear when I'm on maternity I will be living in my nighties and dressing gown!xx

LOL, I went and bought 2 new pairs of boots because I cant get my normal knee highs on at the moment. I went to primark and bought their Ugg type things, in knee length and ankle length because you can just push your feet into them, no tugging needed. I've also stocked up on their fleecy socks which are much easier to get on. But yes, its still a daily struggle. I've even found getting my maternity trousers on too much most of the time, so its wooly winter dresses, with leggings (again Primark, I bought leggings in 4 different colours in a size 18 which seems to do the job perfectly) and furry boots. Am living in this outfit in a variety of colours as not much else is comfy any more.

Except Pyjamas! Love my fluffy PJ's x

Trainers are an epic :shock: still managing with them just about but it's getting more and more difficult every day lol x

Yep becoming difficult! I bought a pair of loafer shoes a size bigger than I normally am as my feet have grown :roll: so it's them with maternity dresses, maternity tights (they come with their own challenge) and wear leggings with uggs! Not long to go girls :hugs: xxx

Lol thanks girls :hug: It's a real huff and puff job isn't it? OH does my laces up most of the time. I swear he thinks I'm at it. My Mum had to do my lace up in Tesco yesterday lol.

When I get out of the bath, I have to turn round on to all fours lol.

LOL ninja - can so relate to the car thing. OH has a civic and it's so bloody low.

xxx

My OH was laughing this morning as I now literally 'roll' out of the bed lol xx

Oh yes :) my oh helps me with those now :)

For a few weeks now I've had to sit down to put shoes/socks on :(
And now it's even worse because bump is bigger so it's harder to stretch!

This morning when I was putting my slippers on I was grunting and moaning ahah

lol.....I do the all fours out of the bath trick too! xx

Lol. I huff and puff all the time. xx

I'm glad its not just me, I was really worried that I wasnt in very good shape and that the huffing and puffing meant I had let things slide badly and how that would effect me in labour and stuff.

Are you guys doing much stretching and exercise?

Nooo :whistle: I've even been slacking (prob wrong terminology :roll:) in doing pelvic floor exercises tbh the last few weeks. Need to make more of an effort.

How about you?

xx

Last edited:
My uggs kill me! I can't breath when putting them on lol, when I'm putting my cocoa butter on I have to put my foot on the radiator in the bathroom to do my calfs!! I'm gonna topple over one of these days!

Keep meaning to get on with my Davina DVD bur haven't managed to yet :blush:

I struggle to get my socks on lol!! I also find it more difficult now to hop up into OHs car :(. He just laughs at me and finds it hilarious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back