so angry..

sarafet

Reaction score
i just found out that i won't be getting a second scan because i don't "need" one :evil:

thats the bloody NHS for you isn't it!! :wall:

i am so angry bc i was sure they gave you a 20 week, but i phoned to ask and no, they don't. i was looking forward to finding out the sex etc :cry:

uh i'm so upset :cry:

:hug: :hug: That doesn't seem very fair, I thought the 20 week scan was an important one.
The NHS up here do seem a lot more stingy than they are down in England

that really supprises me cos the papers had an article the other day about the inequality of NHS services between England Wales and Scotland with the result being that services in England were well behind Wales and Scotland (for prescriptions and drug availability).

Have they explained why they think you don't need one? Even though ive had mine, im not sure i understand exactly what they were looking at, but surely the reason its done at 20 weeks is because they can't have seen those details earlier.

Let us know how you got on scottish ladies x

apparantly they only give them to people with suspected problems..

the 20 week scan is majorly important in my opinion, they check that all the organs are growing correctly, they check that babies growing properly, they check for ay abnormalities that they could correct in utero etc.

i am so fed up with the maternity services here, it's absolutey shocking. in my opinion everyone should be entitled to this scan so i'll just need to pay for it because NHS scotland are ars*holes.

That's shocking!! I thought it was the 12 week scan some ladies weren't offered! If I wasn't given a 20 week scan they never would have picked up my problems, even though they aren't that serious I still need to be monitered every 2 weeks! Is there any way you could go for a private anomoly scan?

wtf?! :shock:

I thought The Anomoly scan was THE MOST important, much more important than the 12 week??

have you spoken to your midwife about it hun? ask her why you dont get an anomoly scan

xx

I am so sorry you our not been offered a scan :shakehead: Id be seeing red and fuming right now. :wall: That is so unfair Hon! You NEED the 20 week scan to make certian the baby is growing properly and pick up on problems that could be missed other wise. Its B****** THE NHS sucks!!!!!!!! :twisted: :(
All i can do is offer you a hug :hug:

the 20 week scan is the important one!!!!
you should really complain the 12 week is just a dating scan
the 20 week is the one you need it checks for abnormalities!!

That's shit :shock: I'd be fuming

The 20 week scan is more important than the 12 week one :? Im suprised they don't do them :?

Aww thats really unfair i hope you can get it sorted. :hug:

NHS Grampian scan everyone at 20 weeks regardless of risk, it's not fair that it varies so much. Everyone should get the same service :x

Doubt there is much you can do about it to be honest. I know that Lothian NHS Trust don't give you a 20 week scan unless there's a problem (although how they know there's a problem without scanning you :evil: :evil: )

That's why I'm off to Babybond next Saturday for a private scan - not getting a 4D one (they kinda freak me out!!!)

That is totally pants.

Are you going to pay for a private one? xxx

thats madness!!! Are you sure you havent been misinformed? If its true, definitely get it done yourself, its too important to miss. If you do go private, make sure you are getting the full anomaly scan not just a growth scan or sexing scan

Aww that is terribly unfair, I would be upset about that too. :hug:

i'm so glad you all understand the importance of this :hug:

i have the m/w on friday, i'll argue my case then, if we defo can't get it we're going to go private for sure. there's no way i'm missing this, it seems a vital part of the monitoring process :(

i really don't know how they can get away with not doing it :(

does anyone know who does anomaly scans? i've just phoned up my local baby scanning clinic and they don't offer the anomaly because there's a 30% chance that they may miss something :wall:

i think there's a babybond in glasgow, it says on there website that they do an anatomy scan, is this similar?? drea - you're going to get one next week, is it the anatomy scan?

http://www.babybond.com/detailscan.html

I got a 20 week scan and I am central scotland

Thats rubbish though - I would have thought the 20 week one was the most important too.

sarafet said:
does anyone know who does anomaly scans? i've just phoned up my local baby scanning clinic and they don't offer the anomaly because there's a 30% chance that they may miss something :wall:

i think there's a babybond in glasgow, it says on there website that they do an anatomy scan, is this similar?? drea - you're going to get one next week, is it the anatomy scan?

http://www.babybond.com/detailscan.html

Yeah that's basically the anomoly scan cause they check everything, and will give you a full report to include in your maternity records, with most of the other Babybond scans (4D, Gender etc) you just get a 'well being checklist' which has your name, baby's gender (if requested) and baby position which you don't need to put in your notes. I would definately go for it hun, just to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back