so upset after 20 week scan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Have not been on here for a while. It’s been crazy and has been a roller coaster of emotions and need some support I think.

Had my 20 week anomaly scan. Everything went fine until the sonographer said you are having a girl. I could not believe it since I had the Harmony test done that confirmed 99% it’s a boy!! The sonographer was very certain and showed me the 3 lines and said girl.
After that initial chock and confusion, I had a much worse chock. At the end of the scan the woman said she was not happy with the baby’s brain and that she was not able to find the corpus callosum. I was so upset and was referred to fatal medicine and mri scan. Had the MRI and met the consultant who said the mri was almost normal and the corpus callosum was there but slightly short. He thought it could still grow ( 21+3 weeks at the time ) so having another mri scan booked in 5 weeks time. The rest of the scan/MRI was normal.
So the news of the brain was better (even if it still worried me a lot) but the gender issue is not resolved. The MRI confirmed normal female fetus and so did the scan with the consultant.
I called the Harmony place and they insisted their tests are accurate and not incorrect. They have very safe procedures with bar codes and my test had picked up a y chromosome! After a lot of back and forth they agreed to redo the bloods and I am now waiting for the results.
If it comes back boy again I don’t know what to do? There might be a chromosomal abnormality with my child? Should I have the Amnio test?
I am just so confused and sad and cant enjoy this pregnancy at all :(
Has anyone had any experience with corpus callosum issues or gender issues? Any advice is helpful.
xx
Hello, I hope you are still utilizing your account as I’m in a similar boat being 5 months pregnant and I need a follow up! I had a fetal MRI at 20 weeks because Ultrasound did not show a CSP on brain and indicated ambiguous genitalia. Following the MRI, the results showed that corpus collosum was shorter than expected for gastational age (14-16mm range instead of 18-20mm at 20 week gastation).

Do you recall your baby’s corpus collosum measurements at 20 weeks and how is she doing now? I have a follow up MRI this week and a second neurologist opinion. The first neurologist indicated that the baby will more likely have learning problems to even more severe motor/swallowing function. I’m also waiting for amnio results to come back to see if there is anything else impacting the baby. I really appreciate your time to follow up if you could. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back