So scared

allyackles

Reaction score
I had a early scan at the EPU last week and now I'm so scared that this pregnancy wont go the distance. I should be 8 weeks now but the scan didn't show that. It showed I was actually near 6 weeks.

Now the doctor thinks this could be down to a mix up of dates or the fact the baby has stopped growing. I am terrified that something is wrong but I have gone over and over the dates and I think I am more likely to be 6 weeks rather than 8. Which would explain why she didn't pick up much on the scan. I don't have another scan until the 5th Dec, which seems a age away. She'll then be able to tell me if the baby has grown. I am so scared and need a bit of reassurance. As anyone got any advice on how I'm going to get through this next week? (By the way I've had no bleeding or pain)

Hi Allyackles,

I went for a scan 10 days ago and only the sack could be seen. The reason I was scanned early was because I was having a few stomach pains.

I am due for another scan tomorrow and the last ten days have really dragged. I have just tried to stay positive and as silly as it sounds I have never felt so relieved to be ill. The last two days I have been so so sick and tired, gone off foods I love etc...

How do you feel?

No cramping/ bleeding is a good sign xxx

I had the same gestation sac only at first scan ...next scan showed babe with beating heart ...just try and stay positive sweet we all have our fingers crossed for you

I feel totally fine. I've had no symptoms from the start. I think I would seriously worry if I'd had symptoms that had totally disappeared but I am still stressed! I have no idea how you got through 10 days!

After hearing so many similar stories on here from the other ladies I felt much more reassured and I think that is what has got me through.

Hopefully we will both be fine and will get to see out little peanuts at the next scan :)

What did they see on the scan first time?? xxxx

The sack and a blob, as she called it, inside. Nothing else but she said that was consistant with a 6 week scan.

That sounds the same as what they told me and what I am hoping to see tomorrow!

I am sure you will be fine and there has prob just been a mix up with your dates, it all sounds good to me.

Try not to stress too much for the next week and if you are there will always be someone to sound off to on here.

Fingers crossed for you xxxxxxxx

Thank you so much and good luck for tomorrow. Let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back