So scared I am losing our baby again... Warning tmi.

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Firstly I think I am now only 6 weeks and 4 days not 7 as my cycles are longer and originally, I looked on the internet and didn't have option of cycle length to put in. Depressing but fine...
Last night, sorry about tmi, was constipated, had bowel movement and had a really mucussy brownish discharge with a spot of blood, I think, might have been from bm. Not sure. Also my boobs stopped hurting half as much last night. Was throwing up at weekend, now it has stopped. Just went to the loo again and I think there was a tiny spot of pinky blood. No blood or anything after the bm, and weeing a lot, until this morning.
I am so scared and going to ring the midwife today. I think I am going to beg for a scan. I need something at this point to make me feel better or just to know either way.
I am not sure I would cope with another miscarriage. I was a state last night...
Anybody got and words of advice or experience? Xx

The bloody coloured discharge could be cervical ectropion. I wasn't even aware I had this, until I had some pinky blood, enough to fill a tissue. So I went to the EPU and they examined me, and said I had this cervical ectropion, which is nothing to worry about its basically just extra cells growing on the outside of the cervix. Anyway the doctor and the midwife told me that it can bleed spontaneously, after sex or after straining to poo. I was scanned after as I was having quite bad pain and they checked to see squidge was growing in the right place. Baby was but at that point nothing was seen apart from the yolk sak as they thought I was about a week earlier than I thought. The week after because I was so terrified after my second bleeding episode I had a private scan. And holy hell do I wish I hadn't. They didn't see anything apart from the gestational sac, again they said i was less than 6 weeks but I knew that there was no way I could be. I had 5 days between my private scan and the rescan. And they were hell, I was adamant nothing was growing, like you all my symptoms seemed to stop. Anyway baby is fine and heartbeat good and strong.

My point is
1) bleeding doesn't often mean miscarriage. (Although it's bloody scary)
2) early scans aren't always reliable and can do more harm than good (but at 7 weeks like you are you should be able to see baby)
3) symptoms do come and go, I can wake up feeling amazing... Two hours later I feel like death. Or it can be I'm fine for two days and then bam they hit again.

I know how worrying it is the not knowing, and do call your midwife, speak to a professional who I hope will be able to help in putting your mind at rest. When we were ttc I never thought being pregnant would be anything other than wonderful. I never considered now worried I would be. Anyway this was just my experience and everything is okay :) xxxx

Thank you for your lovely kind words. This makes me feel a bit better. Do you think it is a bad idea to have a scan then? I am just thinking I will worry either way whatever they see!
Such kind words again and make me feel better, so thank you again. Xxx

Sorry you're going through this worry. I have no advice about discharge/bleeding but definitely speak to your midwife.

Lots of ladies on here, me inc, have had worries about their symptoms coming and going, it's completely normal x

Thank you for your lovely kind words. This makes me feel a bit better. Do you think it is a bad idea to have a scan then? I am just thinking I will worry either way whatever they see!
Such kind words again and make me feel better, so thank you again. Xxx

I wouldn't say don't have an early scan that's entirely your choice. My problem was I wasn't as far as I thought so therefore they didn't see much and I totally freaked out. But it was strange that the NHS scan saw a yolk sac but the private one a week later didn't. But scans aren't an exact science and you have to remember how teeny the baby is at this stage. I would suggest do anything that puts your mind at rest (if that's possible in pregnancy haha).
You're very welcome. I hope things improve xxxxx

I don't have advice but just wanted to say I really feel for you, it's such a worrying time and seeing blood makes that worry even worse. I say do whatever you need too to put your mind at rest xxx

Hi everyone.
Thanks again for kind words.
I had a scan and measured 5mm, 6 and a bit days, and saw a heartbeat...
With my cycle length being 34 days, it's changed my due date etc. but feel a lot better and have another scan in two weeks time.
Thought I would keep you updated. All feels weird, but hopefully good. Xxxxxxx

I'm.the queen of bleeding...

First bmp could he be been from bmp - happened to me loads last time. I h ad a LOT of bleeding last time of varying levels and baby was,fine! If you have no.pain I'd try not to worry but see your mw if you're worried

I'm.the queen of bleeding...

First bmp could he be been from bmp - happened to me loads last time. I h ad a LOT of bleeding last time of varying levels and baby was,fine! If you have no.pain I'd try not to worry but see your mw if you're worried

Thank you...
Hoping all going as well as it can be as had a scan and all was there with heartbeat and sac and yolk etc. Xxxxx

I had this just the other day, i strained to go to the toilet and then when i went to bathroom later when i wiped there was brown mucous, I freaked and called my EPU who said try not to worry its more than likely normal brown blood normallu means old blood that you sometimes lose, I already had a private scan booked and saw a nice little heartbeat and stumpy arms and legs! Apparently it is extremely common! try not to worry :) xox

:yay: Good to see there was a positive outcome!

I bled from 7w to 12w. All ended up fine.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back