So Scared

leean10

Reaction score
Hi, I have just found out I am pregnant. Had a positive test on Monday morning, went to see my doctor yesterday and am having a blood test today to check my HCG and progesterone levels.

This is my 4th pregnancy but I don't have any children (my most recent mc was in March) and I am just scared that there is nothing there or I am imagining it.

I have awful heartburn which I have never had before, I am really bloated and very gassy (sorry, tmi). Is it normal to feel scared after my history?

Thanks xx

I'd say so. I'd be the exact same. But if you are you'll need to relax for yours and babies sake.

Update as soon as you know x

its completely normal to feel this way, so sorry for all your previously losses. There are girls on here who have had several losses and are either well on their way to a successful pregnancy (being several weeks gone now) or who have had their LO's. I really hope the dr's give you all the support you need and lots of early scans for reassurance :hug:

I am due for a scan in a couple of weeks. My gynaecologist is a lovely man and he wanted to see me immediately for a blood test and I will be scanned every couple of weeks until I am well on my way (if it works) so I feel looked after.

I am just scared that my levels are too low and its all ending or something like that. I know I am being paranoid but I can't help it x

It's normal to be nervous anyway (I am, not had my first scan yet!) and it's certainly normal to be nervous after past experiences. I think you'll be fine :) everything you've mentioned is a symptom of pregnancy so it seems like maybe you're getting all the right symptoms this time :) try and remain calm.
My friend who mc'd at 9weeks is now about to pop with a baby so it can work out well :)

It's totally normal hun, I had a mc last year & I am petrified something will go wrong with this pregnancy. Until I see a HB I am going to be stressing.

Xx

Hi hun,

After having 3 miscarriages last year, Tri 1 was a very scary time for me 4th time round.

I managed to keep calm by taking one day at a time! Everyday without a bleed was a good day!

I set myself mini milestones - get past 6 weeks (I'd always had a bleed by 6 weeks), see a HB, get to booking appointment etc and each time I passed a milestone I let myself start to believe a little.

I would never have coped without being relaxed and chilled though. I made a promise to myself not to worry unless there was a reason to worry.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back