So nervous about anti-d!

tillzy69

Reaction score
Had my appointment with the midwife today and she's booked my anti-d injection. I am not usually scared of needles but I know this is a big one and I am so nervous about it! Has anyone else got this to look forward too?

This is my 3rd baby and im o neg. its nothing to worry about just makes your arm a bit achey x

I asked them to do mine slowly and had no problems at all :) Not even achey xx

I've got to have one to and i'm pretty nervous- hopefully it will be ok! x

and mee!! i'm b negative and gotta have one in a bout 10 weeks time! :( not looking forward but if it helps baby then not gonna whinge about it!

I'm O neg and had an anti D at 14 weeks after a CVS, didn't hurt at all :)

I had one about 3 weeks ago when I had a wee bleed and it was not sore - just turned my head away and didn't look at it :)

I have to get another one at 29 weeks - remember if you have a bump or bleed anytime after 12 weeks you need to get one

I do, I've had Anti-D before and will again soon, I'm AB neg. It's fine, it doesn't hurt. Although I had it on my bum before and that did hurt, actually it was more of an ache. Needles in the buttocks, not nice! Needles are so fine these days though and it should just feel like a tiny scratch. You'll be fine xx

I'm A negative and had to have a small dose of it in my 18th week.. not gonna lie, mine was horrible! It hurt going in and stung like a b*tch! I hate needles as it is (its just the build up to having it, i end up panicking then feeling stupid once it's over and done with). The lady who gave me it said it doesn't tend to be pleasant because it's come out of the freezer and has to be injected asap so it's cold and uncomfortable.

So not looking forward to the 28 week one :(

I've got to have it, had it twice before and it wasn't too bad, the thought of it is worse than what is actually is, its over pretty quick.xx

I had this with my first and due again in a week or so. No worse than them taking blood...intact it's nicer than that! Makes you ache a bit but that's all... Just keep reminding your self it's worth that 20 seconds to know baby is protected xxx I'm A neg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back