So much pain, but keep the faith

pooley

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just joined the forum today, and the first thing I want to do is share my experience from last year with any of you out there who are suffering the pain of losing a baby.

Last May I found out that I was expecting and was delighted. My partner and I began to talk about the baby (even nicknamed him/her Ickle Bean), made plans and even bought a travel system. Unfortunately, when I went for my 12 week scan the baby did not have a hearbeat, and had died at 9 weeks 3 days.

The period that followed has to be one of the most painful experiences of my life, the loss I felt was like nothing I had been through before. To make matters worse, I opted for a medical rather than surgical procedure which was not successful and I ended up rushed into theatre with massive blood loss and had to have a surgical procedure to 'evacuate' my baby. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to cope with.

When I fell pregant again in October I was terrified of going through the same thing again, every time I went to the loo I was checking for blood, constantly anxious and felt like I could't accept that I was having a baby in case I had to lose it again. I'm 16 weeks now, and had a healthy scan three weeks ago, and have just started to feel the baby's first movements.

I just want to tell you that I understand how awful it is to lose a baby, but I firmly believe that things are all supposed to happen for a reason, and if I hadn't been through my painful experience then I wouldn't be where I am today.

Wishing you love and luck for the future.... and a friendly ear to anyone that would like to get in touch.

Claire x x

:cry: omg in tears!!! bloomin hormones!!! x x im happy you feel so much better now and so happy you are feeling your baby move now i know its a great feeling cant wait to feel my baby move hehe!! x x x x

:hug: thankyou for sharing your experience.. i cant imagine how hard that must have been for you x

I must admit that it is easier to share now that I am pregnant again - in the months following my miscarriage I was a mess, everything from colleagues bringing their babies into the office to Pampers adverts had me in pieces. And to be honest, any opportunity to take something positive from the situation is a good thing - even if it's just sharing with other people and hoping that it at least helps to ease the pain for one other person.

:hug: Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back