Lost my faith in my GP

fruityloop

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've not written for a while since losing my baby at 11 weeks in August. I've been struggling to cope with the feelings of guilt and emptiness. I'm back on antidepressants like I was before I found out I was pregnant.

I went to see my doctor to get a repeat prescription for my antidepressants and she was extremely unpleasant to me.

She told me that I was using the pills as a "crutch" instead of sorting out my problems. She said I probably feel guilty for the baby dying. Then she said that "it wasn't a baby, it was just a tiny speck". I almost fell through the floor with shock. She told me I needed counselling but didn't offer me any. She told me I need to "snap out of those negative feelings".

I left her surgery and burst into tears in the middle of the street. I am now changing doctors so I never have to see her again. I don't know if it's just me or whether she was completely uncalled for in her remarks.

I now feel ten times worse than I did before I went to see her. I am going to find a counsellor and pay for it myself. I'm sure she thinks I want to feel this way. I am just so angry.

Sorry for the rant. I have lost faith in her as my GP. I just hope I can find one next time that seems to have a heart. :cry: :x

Tina
xxxx

WHAT A HORRIBLE B!TCH!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x :x

How awful to be spoken to like that after your tragic loss :hug:

That woman needs to sort out her manners and if she said u need counselling why did she not help??? Its her job!!!

I hope you do find a better GP, u will be well shot of her :x :x

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear you had a tough time with your GP when you turned to her for help! What a mean cow!

Hope you manage to find a more understanding GP hunny :hug: :hug:

oh hun so sorry its been affecting you so hard and your gp was well out of order. I was on anti-depressants before i was pregant i had bad panic attacks as well and iv said i would never go back on them but i proberly will to get though this gotta see my doc on fri.

If they help you and get you though this then maybe its what you need to do but everyone has different views on them (i find they help but wont be dependent on them).

I used to see a counsellor at my surgery then i paid for a private one for a while, its a very big personal choice for you and i hope you get the support you need and deserve.

Thinking of you and if you need to chat or anything we are all here and you can PM me anytime. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: x x

What is it about doctors being so insensitive?!!! When I saw mine last week she said I may have been pregnant before but obviously wasnt now, no point dwelling on it just move on and try again, when I told her I wasnt ttc she said whats ur problem then!!!

HOw insensitive of her. :shock: My doctor wasnt nice to me after my miscariage when i went to him after trying for a year and he told me that I fell pregnant before so theres nothing wrong! I then went to another GP in the surgery and he referred me to see a councillor on the NHS which i had to wait 6 months for but it helped me get things off my chest as well as talking to you girls on the forum. He has recently referred me to see a gynocologist for infertility tests and my OH has had his sperm tested which was fine. This GP put me on Clomid as he said my blood test showed i wasnt ovulating :shock: I went to see the gynocologist after taking these tablets for 2 months and they were horrified as they said that my tests showed I was ovulating so now im really annoyed :x
so if i get multiple births then i will blame the doctor but i least i wont have to do it all again. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back