Can this pregnancy throw anything more at me????

mdsremos

Reaction score
Not only did I have the textbook morning sickness until 16 weeks (although I still usually feel nauseous in the evenings) then it was the diagnosis of SPD which affects me more some days than others, then it was the onset of pre-eclampsia a couple of weeks ago which left me in hospital for a week (am being checked twice a week to see if my levels go back up again as stable at the moment) and now I have Carpel Tunnel......Honestly, some things are never straight forward, dont know whether to laugh or cry!!!!

My midwife is also being a complain pain in the backside. I went to see her yesterday to find that she forgot to scroll down her screen for her 4pm appointment and didnt realise I was waiting in the reception, so I wasnt seen until she was walking out the door for an early finish at 4.50pm...was not impressed!

I am currently 35 weeks and having been discharged from the consultant at the hospital I was referred back to midwife care for twice weekly BP/Urine checks, so my midwife has decided to make my next appointment with her in '3 WEEKS!!!!' and I have had to arrange appointments with the practice nurse twice a week to check my BP/Urine and should my levels increase a GP will refer me to the hospital again...what a farce!!!!!!

Sometimes wonder if they even give a stuff at times as I seem to be passed from pillar to post and I havent even discussed my birth plan or anything with my midwife cos she doesnt seem interested..she just checks my BP/Urine/Doppler/Baby's position, fills in the book, types it up on the screen and makes the next appointment which is usually different to the appointment plan written in my care book at the beginning of my pregnancy.

Sorry to rant but getting fed up of inconsistant care and I cant even see a different midwife as she is the only one at my practice with once a week appointments at the surgery and no option of home care!!!

oh god that's terrible.

i was lucky 90% of the time i had my normal midwife who delivered Amy as well, but i have had MW's who blatently don't give a s**t, do bare minimum and send you out the door!!

Complain, i would :moon:

COMPLAIN i would u r a heavily pregnant women with enough problems let alone a useless cow for a M/W

my MW was useless to didnt seem to worry i was drinking over 4 letres of water in 24 hours :twisted: :twisted:

GOOD luck hun n i hope u have a good last 5 weeks of pregnancy :D

I read your message and just had to reply - I too had sickness and 24 hour vomiting right up until 18 weeks and have recently been diagnosed with SPD. I had been experiencing pain for a while and was just told it was the "joys of pregnancy" but in the end I went to see my GP because the pain had got so bad I could hardly walk an been off work for days. He immediately referred me to a physiotherapist and she knew straight away that I had SPD. After some physio sessions it feels better but I dread to think how much damage I would have done to my pelvis if I hadn't insisted that the pain I was in wasn't normal.

I hope this helps you to realise you're not alone - I'm 31 weeks pregnant (today actually!) and am starting to feel a little like I can't wait for the whole pregnancy business to be over!
I really think you should complain about the way you are being treated - maybe if you have a supportive partner/husband they could do it on your behalf?? This might help as I know the last thing you want to be doing at 35 weeks pregnant is arguing with someone!!

Hope you'll let me know how it all goes.

Beccy x

Thats awful you should complain, write a letter to the hospital manager (of midwifes) and complain about her, thats not on,

I hope everythings goes ok from now on, YOu haven't got long left.

Vicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back