• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So an urgent referral actually means nothing!

Mamafy

Reaction score
As instructed by my Dr they told me to chase the hospital for my appointment so I rang today.

Firstly I'd been referred to the wrong hospital and therefore the wrong consultant :wall2:

then I asked when I'd be seen and she said it wouldn't be before 10 weeks :shock:

Last time by 10 weeks I was on my 4th scan :eh:

I explained about my thyroid and she said Well maybe we'll get you an appointment for your Endochrinologist then :eh:

I'd tell them to go swivel but I really want that consultant as he's great :wall2:

aw hun thats absolutely terrible!! can you not push for an earlier scan :( :hug:

Ugh! Why are some staff just bloody difficult?! x hope you get the consultant hon and that the hospital gets it's act together! x

How frustrating for you, is it worth asking your GP to phone on your behalf and emphasize the need for an early scan?

If I get the Endochrinologist appointment its done in Antenatal outpatients so I might get her to wangle me one when I'm there :oooo: She knows me very well and knows the probs I've had

On a plus side I only had so many scans last time as I was mc the little twin and was having bleeding so maybe this time its better to just go with the flow ?

I feel pg, no question about that. I haven't been testing obsessively (just done the 2 pack tests) so maybe I should take things in my stride :)

I will get this consultant now and he's fab about the planning regarding the preterm meds/steroids etc so I'm happy I at least sorted that today :)

^^^^ yea I agree it's not on really it's not like your asking for scabs just for the sake of it, it's for health reasons x

Will I pop over with the bat? :trouble: I mean, I cant let a pregnant woman start swinging it about...it's heavy...

x

Hope everything sorts itself out! I've only had one prob so far with a member of NHS staff so touch wood it's just a one off! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back