They had lost my referral!

moss

Reaction score
ARRRRGH I am so angry! When I went to the GP just over a week ago and mentioned I was concerned about not getting my scan date, he said the (what I now find to be) typical GP thing of wait two weeks and come back if it is still a problem. I could tell he just wanted to get rid of me the whole time! He told me it was out of their hands. Grr.

This time I saw the GP I like, and she (gasp) called the hospital to find out what was taking so long, and surprise, surprise, they had lost the referral. So she faxed a new one and I should hear back in a day or two. I hope they rush my appointment since it is so late already!

You sound like your having a nightmare hun. Hopefully its all getting sorted now though.

xx

Grrr, this happened to me too! It only got resolved by my constant chasing.

Seems like too many posts on here are talking about the inadequacies of the NHS. I know we are so lucky to have a free health service and most of its employees work their arses off but there seems to be something amiss with communication / organisation / general care....I guess a lot of it comes down to a lack of funding but it's sooo frustrating! And there seems to be a big difference in policy between health authorities - in some places 12 week scans are like gold dust whilst in others mums are getting fortnightly scans

I worked or the NHS until recently, and they lost my timesheets and things all of the time. I always found it scary because I used the same hospital courier that takes human samples, etc. From my experience, this was NOT about lack of funding. There is that problem, but they waste money all over the place, and would have far less problems if they just opened their eyes to that and let the people who actually work on the wards have a say in how ward money is spent. Also, there is a complete backwardness when it comes to changing things for the better, because change is scary, or something, and it is easier to keep things the same. Not to mention the complete lack of efficiency!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back