SMP

Beeee

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I'm just wanting a bit of advice.

I handed in my maternity leave notice alongside my MATB1 nearly 5 weeks ago.

I have not yet received a confirmation from HR of my SMP despite chasing it up several times and being told I'll receive a "statement" shortly.

In my opinion this is not good enough. I was on the sick during part of my "qualifying week" which worried me as I thought I may not be entitled to SMP. So I'm now worrying incase I'm not entitled to SMP and have to apply for maternity allowance at the last minute. (I have annual leave then my official leaving date is 22nd August).

Is there anything in place which states my employer must get back to me within a certain time?

Not sure if anything is in place about getting back to you at a certain time but when I was pregnant with my son I was off sick from about 18 weeks onwards and I had no problem with my maternity money ... If that helps x

I only got paid statutory sick pay which made my earnings lower than the average for the qualifying week but hopefully this months wage evens it out :-( x

Ah I see, I get good sick pay at my work, fingers crossed it works out for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back