SMP

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Beeee, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Beeee

Beeee Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

I'm just wanting a bit of advice.

I handed in my maternity leave notice alongside my MATB1 nearly 5 weeks ago.

I have not yet received a confirmation from HR of my SMP despite chasing it up several times and being told I'll receive a "statement" shortly.

In my opinion this is not good enough. I was on the sick during part of my "qualifying week" which worried me as I thought I may not be entitled to SMP. So I'm now worrying incase I'm not entitled to SMP and have to apply for maternity allowance at the last minute. (I have annual leave then my official leaving date is 22nd August).

Is there anything in place which states my employer must get back to me within a certain time?

2. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anything is in place about getting back to you at a certain time but when I was pregnant with my son I was off sick from about 18 weeks onwards and I had no problem with my maternity money ... If that helps x

3. Beeee

Beeee Well-Known Member

I only got paid statutory sick pay which made my earnings lower than the average for the qualifying week but hopefully this months wage evens it out :-( x

4. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

Ah I see, I get good sick pay at my work, fingers crossed it works out for you x