SMP

l_maclean

Reaction score
Hoping someone out there can help with this.

I currently work as a relief carer with adults with learning disabilities - im not entitled to maternity pay from the company but according to my manager im entitled to SMP as long as I reach the LEL in the 8 weeks prior to the qualifying week - which i reackon is in 3 weeks time.

I've just had a phone call from an agency I registered with before i fell pg for clerical work - so far ive not done anything with them for various reasons.

Am i right in thinking that if i take time out from being relief to do full time hours with the agency - i'd not meet the continuous employement rule??

xxx

you would still need to be working as the carer to qualify for smp but im presuming unless you hand in your notice and are no longer employed by them you will still qualify regardless of where else you work i dont know about it tbh as im employed on a contract i dont know how relief work works

If you are relief then you have no contracted hours so technically as long as you are employed as a carer you would still qualify.
Why don't you just say your not available for work for X number of weeks. You have the right to do this as a relief worker :) x

so far not heard back from the agency today, but tbh they are a bit lacks like that sometimes. Thanks Sue, i think you're right, that as long as i dont had in my notice i should be ok.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back