smokers who gave up when pregnant??

ella

Reaction score
Did you stay off cigarettes and did you have any problem doing so? I gave up when I found out and I have no intention of smoking again :puke: but I know that can be easier said than done - just wondering if most people manage to stay off them.

i wasnt a smoker but i i used coke, speed and ecstasy regularly (occasionally even harder stuff) and as soon as i got my BFP i quit, and managed to stay off them :cheer: :dance:

i managed to quit after 12 years. When i found out i was preggers i stopped for 9 days, then i had one :oops: Then i stopped for over 2 weeks....and had another one.....then i stopped for another 2 weeks and when i tried another fag, i puked up everywhere (which serves me right really :roll: .)

I found it hard in the beginning, but i havent smoked for months now, and i really dont want to. The smell makes me feel sick :puke: , and i was so ill after having my last one that its proper put me off for good :cheer:

Except now im turning into the annoying ex-smoker...lecturing people about how its really bad, and they wont be able to hold my baby for hours if theyve been smoking....lol, im sure people are getting sick of me :lol:

I Gave Up Smoking During Pregnancy & I Will Never Start Again. Shes a Month Old Now. Its Disgusting & The Smell Makes Me Sick. I Wont Let Any Smoke What-So-Ever Near My Baby, Ever :D

i gave up while pg and started again when he was a few days old :oops: i used to smoke a lot but now as i dont allow smoking in the house because of christopher i only smoke a few a day i wish i hadnt smoked that first 1 i only had it because i could cos i wasnt pg anymore :( and 1 led to another im sorry now id done so well :( im determined to give up again
my advice is dont even have 1 after the baby is born i was adamant i would never smoke again but i am xxxxxxxxx

rach said:
i gave up while pg and started again when he was a few days old :oops: i used to smoke a lot but now as i dont allow smoking in the house because of christopher i only smoke a few a day i wish i hadnt smoked that first 1 i only had it because i could cos i wasnt pg anymore :( and 1 led to another im sorry now id done so well :( im determined to give up again
my advice is dont even have 1 after the baby is born i was adamant i would never smoke again but i am xxxxxxxxx

It is so hard though. :hug: :hug:
I started smoking after Beth was born, but im determind it wont happen again this time.

This pregnancy has been the push i needed to stop. Before i was preggers, I wanted to give up when the smoking ban started, but when i had a drink, i gave in :( But now im not drinking at all, its been easier giving up. Im NEVER gonna smoke again.

My OH has never smoked so ive never smoked in the house and no one is allowed to smoke near Beth, and like i said, if anyones been smoking at all theyre gonna have to stay well away from my baby, so hopfully it will encourage my family to stop.

I quit when I was pregnant with Tia because it made me violently ill to smoke or have people smoke around me. But when she was born, she was such a difficult, demanding baby (she fed constantly and barely slept) That I started smoking again, just so I could have an excuse to step outside for five minutes and have a rest... But I never smoked around her and never became a heavy smoker maybe 1 - 3 cigarettes a day.

I quit in January last year... in anticipation of TTCing. But in May, I'd had a really bad day at work, felt really really stressed, was crying and everything, so I went down and had a cigarette, it made me feel really ill, and when I tried to have another a few hours later I was actually sick... so I thought there was no point in starting again... I got my BFP a few days later so I finally found out why I was so emotional and why I couldn't smoke.

I won't be starting again... mainly because I can't afford it, and that we don't have a balcony here so I can't go outside and smoke... I refuse to smoke in the house.

I quit when I found out I was pregnant with Aaron. That was 3 years ago now and I haven't touched one since!

I quit as soon as I got my BFP (had one last one). I had a few a little while after Dan was born but I found it made my face go all red so I never wanted to have one! Really glad as it made me stay off them. I do have the odd one when I've had too much to drink...................must stop that. No one can smoke in my house, I HATE people holding Dan after smoking, infact I won't let them unless they wash up and clean their teeth.

I did quit with Stephen as soon as I got my BFP but when he was 8 months old I started again :wall:

I quit again when I got my BFP with Imogen and so far have not been tempted back on them full time, have had 1 since she was born, and I wish I hadnt o was gross :puke:

i quit 2 years ago so was well and truly off them when i was pregnant. then she arrived extremely prematurely and i got through 3 months of her being in the hospital (most stressful and difficult time of my life) and caved in (couldnt have got through the next 3 months witout them). now im on about 4-5 a day. no way on this earth i can stop at this stage of the game, my life is pure stress!

me and hubby both quit just after we ot our bfp. neither of us will be starting again we cant stand the smell of it makes me reach,
people can smoke in my kitchen with the door shut and window wide open with a can of oust next to them :)
my family and friends who smoke dont smoke near me now and ive told them all they aint allowed to smoke near my boy when hes born :)
manda xx

I stopped when I started TTC. Havent had any since, but every single day since Daniel was born i am thinking about cigarette. It wasnt so hard when I was BF, but I stopped about 3 weeks ago, and all I want now is a cigarette! Drives me nuts! Doesnt help that I am on a diet and have increased stress levels :? Every single day is a fight for me. At the moment I stayed clear (mostly thanks to my DH, whos mum died of lung desease cos she smoked). I dont know for how long I will manage without one :oops: Even now-I just need to smoke! :oops:

I stopped just before I found out I was pg and I haven't smoked since. I loved smoking but you just can't when you are pg, we all know its a big no no now. I have found it easy to not smoke. The only thing I miss is an occasional spliff but I wouldn't smoke weed now I have Isaac anyway :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back